Search for content in message boards

Pincher Creek info

Replies: 16

Re: Pincher Creek info WEBSTER, RICHARD

Wisking_Linda (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2011 6:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
To Thelma: One and the same. We found that and Sarah, who died in 1955 in BC. So sad, Richard was interred at the cemetery mentioned, but as his body was unclaimed, he was buried as an indigent.

The two boys never heard directly from him again. Per an older cousin, Richard did write, but the grandmother that raised them did not give them the letters. This is how they knew he was in BC. A cousin on my grandmothers did visit him in the 30's in Vancouver. This is how I pieced together her migration from Redvers, SK to Vancouver.

I do love the new computer age. I started my family tree in the 80's and had research done at various locations, as and when I could afford it. Nothing concrete about him after 1911 was turned up. Now I am able to move him along through various search engines, sites and am able to research on my own.

My roadblock was and is still the second marriage. Did he marry? Is it the same Sarah McIntosh that had Thomas? Did he marry in Alberta or Manitoba possibly? She, when coming to Canada, said she was going to meet her sister in Winnipeg to be a domestic. Neither Alberta nor Manitoba have searchable indexes. Or at least not that I can find.

My first step will be to get in touch with Quarriers about THomas McIntosh. If they can confirm that he was an orphan, then the Sarah is someone else altogether, just a coincidence about the name. Then off to Alberta for a search. I know the time frame will be a short one, 1914-1916, so not too long a wait.

I really appreciate the assistance and ideas you guys have put forward. I know from my experience that the tools can be the most important thing but that the knowledge and experience are the most prized item in your search kit. I am taking this up after 10 years of inactivity and am making so much more headway now than ever before.

Again, thanks to all for your encouragement.

Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wisking_Linda 10 Dec 2011 1:12PM GMT 
Wisking_Linda 10 Dec 2011 1:12PM GMT 
Kerri Scholz 26 May 2012 6:57AM GMT 
Wisking_Linda 26 May 2012 5:04PM GMT 
Wisking_Linda 9 Jun 2012 2:34PM GMT 
Kerri Scholz 17 Jun 2012 4:31AM GMT 
Wisking_Linda 17 Jun 2012 10:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions