Search for content in message boards

Arry / Arrie Starnes Chitwood - Bartow County GA

Replies: 2

Arry / Arrie Starnes Chitwood - Bartow County GA

jsroots (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2011 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starnes Chitwood Cork Cook
My 2nd great-grandmother, Arry STARNES, married James E. Chitwood, in Hall Co, GA on 15 Jul 1849. They were living in Hall County with infant Robert Calvin Chitwood (my great grandfather) when 1850 census was done and she was 20 years old. They lived next to a William Starnes and wife "P" Starnes. I suspect that was her parents.

In the 1860 census, they were listed in District 4, Cass Ga, Cartersville post office. They were listed with a J and A Cook (transcribed Cork) and then living next to two families named Starnes.

Her name could be spelled Arrie or another variation of Arry. She and James had several other children, but on 6 MAR 1867, he married Rhoda L Maxwell (widow of Allen Henson) in Bartow County. James E, Robert C, and Rhoda are buried at Emerson Cemetery in Bartow County. I would like to know what happened to Arry. I believe she and JE had their last child around 1862 so her death (or divorce?) would have been between then and his 1867 marriage to Rhoda.

Seeking death date, burial place, parents or any information on Arry Starnes. Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jsroots 15 Aug 2011 11:33PM GMT 
BJBT10 17 Aug 2011 10:51PM GMT 
jsroots 18 Aug 2011 1:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions