Search for content in message boards

Rachael Watkins Wife of Isaiah Watkins of Grayson County

Replies: 0

Rachael Watkins Wife of Isaiah Watkins of Grayson County

StumpyFaye (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2013 8:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watkins, Leggett, Phillips
Researchig the genealogy of Isaiah Watkins and have ran across something interesting! There exists several different applications to the sons of the American Revolution that show the oldest daughter of Matilda Watkins and William H. Jolly to be Sarah Phillips Jolly. Matilda is said to be the daughter of Isaiah and Rachel Watkins. "Phillips" is an unusual middle name for a female. I would like to see if any researchers of this line have discovery to prove Rachael's parents? What proof is there that Rachel's maiden name was Leggett? Could it be possible Rachel was actually a Phillips before her marriage to Isaiah Watkins? I have records that Phillip Phillips (famous for settling Phillips Fort in Hardin County, Kentucky in 1781) was a prominant member of Severns Valley Baptist Church congegation until 1794 of which Isaiah Watkins was also later a member. Researchers all claim she was born Rachel Leggett, though I am unable to find the evidence of this. What can I do to find the proof of her maiden name?

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions