Holloway genealogy

Replies: 5

Re: Holloway genealogy

Jana Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2012 2:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reed Holloway Wray
1854 TAX LIST, PULASKI CO, KY:
Holloway, Thomas 200 a Pulaski Cave watercourse 1 w m over 21; no blacks; 1 h; 1 cow; 4 children ag 6-18
(no other Holloways)

1857 John Wray receives slave Joseph for note he hold on Mary Reed and Eliz Holloway, heirs of Danil Holloway. Pulaski county, Kentucky.p. 659

Holloway to Wray } Mort

Whereas John S Wray holds a note on us for the Juste [sic] Sum of Five hundred dollars deed the 28th day of August next which we fully and honedabely [sic] owe him And to make the Said Wray Safe in the Avo named debt we Mary Reed Elizabeth Holloway hav [sic] this day mortgaged to John S Wray hower [sic] Slave Boy Joseph aged about 18 years a coper collod [colored} and which slave desended to us from the estate of Danil Holloway decesed and the said John S Wray are to hav [sic] and to hold Said Boy to himself and his heirs and assins forever and to contrac said Boy But shoud [should] Said Mary Holloway and Elizabeth Holloway will and truly pay Said John S Wray the above named note by the 28th day of August next Then this abligation to be Void and of now [sic] effect if not to Remain in full force and to be closed

p. 660

at said Wrays option at that time if he sees fite [sic]
Given under hour [sic, our] hands this 16th day of Sept 1857
Mary Holloway
Elizabeth Holoway
Test
W. G. Simpson
P D W Reynolds

Exd 7 delivered Jany 12th 1857 R M Griffin DC [written in margin]

Commonwealth of Kentucky Pulaski county Sct
I William M Fox clerk of the county court for the county aforesaid do certify that the foregoing deed of mortgage from Mary Holloway & Elizabeth Holloway to John S Wray was on the 21st day of Sept 1857 produced to me in my office and proven by the oath of W G Simpson & P D. W. Reynolds Subscribing winesses thereto to be the act and deed of the said Mary & Elizabeth Hollloway Whereupon the Same together with this certificate hat been duly recorded in my office.
Given under my hand this 18th day of December 1857
Will. M. Fox Clk

This day John S Wray acknowledged the release of the foreging mortgage from Holloways to ihm before me in my office. Given under my hand this 28th day of March 1859
Att T D Allcorn clk [release written in margin on p 559]

[note: it really does say Mary Reed in that one place; perhaps the clerk had a wayward concentration moment and thought of the Reed surname because they had just come into court that day too]

(Source: Pulaski County (Kentucky). Clerk of the County Court. Deeds, v. 17 1855-1858. Page 659-660. Microfilm of original records at the Pulaski County courthouse. (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1969) [FHL US/CAN Film 804,604] )
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rachel Gerry 21 May 2003 11:06PM GMT 
@@casju@aol.com 28 May 2003 7:24AM GMT 
RachelGerry 29 May 2003 12:44AM GMT 
Jim 2 Jul 2003 2:34AM GMT 
Rachel 3 Jul 2003 12:20AM GMT 
Jana Stokes 28 Mar 2012 8:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions