Replies: 0

Redford TUCKER Obituary - 1976

Debbie Dicken (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2010 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Tucker, Warren, Wethington, Woodrum, Glove, Cox
Central Kentucky News-Journal, August 30, 1976
Campbellsville Man Shoots Self Thursday; Dies In Front Of Police
A Campbellsville man, Redford Tucker, 76, apparently died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound Thursday night at his home at Purcell’s Trailer Court, according to police. Police say Tucker apparently shot himself with 410 gauge shotgun while sitting in a lawn chair at his home. Purcell’s Trailer Court is located between Logan Street and Bowman Street. Called to the scene at 7:40 p.m. by Tucker’s wife, Liddie, Campbellsville Police Officer Capt. Kenneth Adams later wrote in his official report that: “As I pulled up, two teenage girls were standing about five feet from Mr. Tucker who was sitting in a lawn chair. Mr. Tucker had a shotgun between his legs with one hand near the trigger and the other hand on the forearm with the barrel near his mouth. When I pulled up, I looked over and as I stopped, the gun went off, apparently by him pulling the trigger.” Tucker is survived by his wife, Mrs. Liddie Warren Tucker, and by two sons, Orville Tucker and Marshall Tucker, both of Indiana. Also surviving are five sisters: Debbie Wethington, Franklin, Ind., Lovie Woodrum, Route 1, Elkhorn, Nattie Lee Glover, Route 1, Campbellsville, Janey Cox, Louisville, Lizzie Cox, Louisville. The funeral was Saturday, August 28, at 4 p.m. at the Lyon Funeral Home. Rev. J. D. Campbell officiated. Burial was in the Jones Chapel Cemetery.

Central Kentucky News-Journal, September 6, 1976
Redford Tucker, 76, died Thursday, August 26, at his residence in Purcell Trailer Court, Campbellsville. He was a native of Taylor County, born here March 20, 1899, the son of the late John and Mary Tungate Tucker. Survivors include his wife: Liddie Warren Tucker of Campbellsville; two sons: Orville Tucker of Lynn, Indiana, and Marshall Tucker, of Washington state; five sisters: Debbie Wethington of Franklin, Indiana, Lovie Woodrum of Route 1, Elkhorn, Nattie Lee Glover of Route 1, Campbellsville, Janey Cox of Louisville, and Lizzie Cox of Louisville. Funeral services were held at Lyon Funeral Home Chapel at 4 p.m., Saturday, August 28, with Rev. J. D. Campbell officiating. Interment followed in the Jones Chapel Cemetery. Pallbearers were Walter King, Willard Ford, Ben Bischoff, Edward Bottoms, Charles Tucker and James (Dick) Tucker.

Kentucky Death Records Index, rootsweb
TUCKER, REDFORD; age 76; death place TAYLOR; residence TAYLOR; death date 26 Aug 1976; Volume 046, Certificate 22584

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions