Search for content in message boards

Lucinda Betsey? Thompson, Skaggs, Meredith....

Replies: 6

Lucinda Betsey? Thompson, Skaggs, Meredith....

EvaVanMeter42 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2004 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2005 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Meredith, Carroll, Hazelwood, Decker, Van Meter, Skaggs, Thompson, Vincent
I have found ancestry sites that say Lucinda Thompson was 1/2 cherokee, Full Blooded Cherokee, even that she was a Cherokee Princess. Is there any truth to this? I am trying to research my native american roots but none of these coincide with any information I have found.
Can ANYONE HELP? The information I have found says she was called "Betsy" sometimes "Lucy". Lucinda
b) Feb. 21,1741 or 1742 on Conasuaga creek, Ga. My information says this creek runs through Gilmer, Fannin, Murry, and Whitfield Counties.
One source I have found has an Indian claim number attached to it. I assume it is one of the roll numbers. But I can not find any number that matches this one attached to any of the Thompsons that Lucinda is suppose to be related to, on any of the rolls.
Her Father is suppose to be John Thompson, her mother
Mary "Surname Unknown" Some of the sources suggest her mothers surname as: Thomason, or Thompson.
John and Mary's other children are:
Anne Thompson, Archibald Thompson, Mary Thompson,
Betty Thompson, Rebecca Thompson, George Thompson,
Rhoden Thompson. One source says the name Rhoden has been passed down through the family and speculates her mother's maiden name being (Rhoden).
Lucinda is my GGGGGG Grandmother, She married:
Charles Skaggs.One research site has a copy of a diary written by her brother Archibald Thompson. He lists his place of birth as Ireland. He mentions no Indian blood in this diary.
If Lucinda was indian, she either had to be adopted, or her father was married 2xs.

DOES Anyone know anything about this family?
Help Please?

Eva
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EvaVanMeter42 4 Apr 2004 6:39PM GMT 
KathyRoberts292 6 Apr 2004 3:27PM GMT 
EvaVanMeter42 6 Apr 2004 4:40PM GMT 
EvaVanMeter42 6 Apr 2004 5:03PM GMT 
KathyRoberts292 15 Apr 2004 9:07AM GMT 
ExcaderesDesire 15 Apr 2004 7:53PM GMT 
KathyRoberts292 17 Apr 2004 11:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic