Search for content in message boards

Adams DNA project

Replies: 0

Adams DNA project

stangenea (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
If you are a male Adams, please consider having a DNA test and joining the Adams Surname DNA project. It is painless and relatively inexpensive. The thing that will make it start churning out results is to increase the number of participants. There are already close to 100 and two thirds have matches. We in the other one third are waiting patiently. It doesn't answer all the questions, but it certainly has the potential to get past a lot of the blocks we run into. If you do it, don't fool with the 12 marker test. Sooner or later you'll want to know more. 25 markers is sufficient. I did 37. I think there is a 59 marker test available now. Sooner or later I'll have to upgrade, but they will do that with the original sample. You can get to the project at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jswdna/adams.html
I used Family Tree DNA because most of the others in the project did and other testing services don't always test the same markers (so you get a little apples and oranges situation going on). It looks like the Adams project is taking tests from several places.

Good luck!

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions