BURNS FAMILY OF PERRY-HAZARD KENTUCKY

Replies: 24

Re: BURNS FAMILY OF PERRY-HAZARD KENTUCKY

aracoma54 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2009 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burns, Martin, Morris, Webb, Ward, Ray
Michael,

I am a descendant of the Burns Family. They started out in Pittsylvania and Henry Counties, Virginia.

The first was Charles Burns, Sr. married Mary Ann Morris-Webb. Mary was the daughter of Merry Webb and Elizabeth Martin. Elizabeth Martin was the daughter of Captain Joseph Martin, I and sister to Brigadier General Josep Martin, II; who married Nancy Ward, a white woman, and two other Native American women. Charles and Mary eventually divorced and he married second Ann(e) Ray.

Per my grandmother,who attended the Primitive Baptist Church, there is Native American in the Burns family. Several of our families have a very deep olive complexion. And many of us have all, but one or two of the charcteristics of Native Americans, i.e. crooked little fingers; extra ridge of bone on the outside of both feet...if you run your finger along the outside of each foot and you feel a hump about half way down, that is specific to Native Americans; others: shovel back teeth; a large ridge where the neck and skull meet...we call it a speed bump; some have large ears with heavy earlobes; toe next to big toe, longer than big toe; too many to list here.

We are having a family reunion in Whitaker Kentucky on Friday, June 26 and Saturday, June 27. Whitaker Kentucky is in Letcher County, Kentucky; Whitaker is just a short distance from Whitesburg, Kentucky. It is being held at Bobby Bentley's home. For the reunion, I am down-loading all my information onto CD's.

So, you are not imagining things about Native American blood. We at this time, don't know if it is Cherokee and Shawnee. I have several lines with Native American in them. Which makes it hard to find some family members.

If you or anyone else who sees this message would like more information of the reunion let me know; or if you just want some information on family. My Email: tenderfoot1954@yahoo.com My name is Carolyn Pigg
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CHANGOPOWER4U 11 Mar 2007 10:33PM GMT 
Michael Vaughn 12 Mar 2007 12:57PM GMT 
aracoma54 8 Jun 2009 4:02AM GMT 
Michael Vaughn 18 Jun 2009 1:45AM GMT 
aracoma54 18 Jun 2009 4:07AM GMT 
aracoma54 19 Jun 2009 12:08AM GMT 
Michael Vaughn 19 Jun 2009 2:21AM GMT 
alf7777 24 Jun 2009 6:57PM GMT 
Michael Vaughn 25 Jun 2009 4:10PM GMT 
mnnance_1 24 Mar 2007 12:17AM GMT 
per page