Search for content in message boards

William Crockett

Replies: 5

William Crockett

Lee_Crockett (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2001 7:08PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 5:05PM GMT
Ed,
In the not too distant past, researchers at one time thought that the WIlliam Crockett that married Rebecca Elliott and the William Crockett that married Nancy Asher McNary Moss were the same man. However, much new data has come to light since this theory. William Crockett who married Nancy Asher McNary Moss is my direct ancestor. He was the son of William Crockett and Catherine Hawkins Crockett. William Crockett, Sr. was the uncle of Davy Crockett of Alamo fame. The other William Crockett was the son of John Crockett, the father of Davy Crockett of Alamo fame and the first cousin of the William Crockett who married Nancy. I think over the years researchers were confused due to these two Crockett brothers, William and John, marrying two Hawkins women, Rebecca and Catherine. These two families also had sons named William, David, and John. It is no wonder researchers get confused trying to figure out what line belongs to what father.I feel that Rebecca and Catherine were very likely first cousins and there is evidence to support this theory now. So I am actually a double cousin to Davy Crockett.
Lee Crockett
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lee_Crockett 18 Jul 2001 1:08AM GMT 
ebhudgens 19 Jul 2001 11:45AM GMT 
Sutton_Kimberly 22 Mar 2002 1:39AM GMT 
Kelly Crockett-Nunley 13 Jul 2002 11:24PM GMT 
LionheartCourage 14 Jul 2002 12:06AM GMT 
crockettgirl1951 10 Dec 2009 9:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions