Hi I'm descended from Uriah Frampton of Somerset County. Uriah's son Joseph married Ellen White,there first daughter Frances married my great grandfather Frank Barnes, the moved to Australia.
please find enclose the Barnes, Frampton family tree.
THE BARNES FAMILY.
Frank Barnes, died 1926 aged 76 Korumburra, registration no 14419, father Joseph Barnes.
Frances Mary Barnes, died 1st October 1918 aged 67, buried in the Outtrim cemetery. Registration no 14389, father Fronton Josh Cornelius, mother Ellen White.
1924, Outtrim, Australian Electoral Rolls.
• Frank Barnes, Outtrim, farmer.
• Gertrude Ray, Outtrim farmer.
• Walter, Outtrim, home duties.
1919, Outtrim, Australian Electoral Rolls.
• Frank Barnes, Outtrim, farmer.
• Gertrude Ray Outtrim, home duties.
• Walter, Outtrim, farmer.
1914, Outtrim, Australian Electoral Roll 1914.
• Frank Barnes, Outtrim, father, farmer.
• Frances Mary, home duties, mother.
• Alfred, Outtrim, farmer.
• Walter, Outtrim, farmer.
• Frances Mabel, home duties.
• Gertrude Ray, home duties.
• Hellena Mary, home duties, Married Christopher Grabham 1915.
1914, William (laborer) and May, Kardella, possible brother of Frank.
1901, Neus Barn Farm, Yarcombe, Devon (near Honiton), 1901 England census.
• Frank Barnes, 50, farmer (employer), born Street Somerset.
• Frances M Barnes, 49, born Street.
• Cornelius Barnes, 24, worker, born Street.
• Alfred Barnes, 22, worker, born Street.
• Walter Barnes, 20, worker, born Street.
• Mabel Barnes, 18, worker, born Street.
• Arthur Barnes, 15, worker, born Keinton, Somerset.
• Gertrude Barnes, 14, born Keinton.
• Helen M Barnes, 13, born Keinton.
• Annie Barnes, 6, born Keinton.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Honiton is a town and civil parish in East Devon, situated close to the River Otter, 17 miles (27 km) north east of Exeter in the county of Devon. Honiton has a population estimated at 11,822 (based on mid-year estimates for the two Honiton Wards).
The town grew along the line of the Fosse Way - the ancient Roman road linking Exeter (Isca Dumnoniorum) to Lincoln (Lindum) on which it was an important stopping point. The location is mentioned in the Domesday Book as Honetone, meaning a farm belonging to Huna. It became an important market town known for its lace making that was introduced by Flemish immigrants in the Elizabethan era. In the 17th century thousands of people produced lace by hand in their homes and later in the 19th Century Queen Victoria had her wedding dress made of Honiton lace. The town also became known for its Honiton pottery. In the mid 18th century the town was largely destroyed by fire. Georgian houses were then built to replace some of those that had been destroyed. Honiton more than doubled in size between the 1960s and 2005 with most development taking place south of the Exeter to Waterloo railway line.
The Hot Pennies Ceremony takes place annually on the first Tuesday after 19 July in the High Street of the town, and dates back to the 13th Century. The ceremony has its roots in the practice of landed gentry taking pleasure in throwing hot pennies from windows to local peasants, a seemingly philanthropic gesture resulting in burns. The custom also had the purpose of encouraging people to travel to the town from the surrounding area to attend a subsequent fair.
At noon, the Town Crier accompanied by the Mayor and other local dignitaries, raises a garlanded pole with gloved hand at the top, and proclaims that "no man may be arrested so long as this glove is up". Warm pennies are then thrown from a number of balconies in the High Street to crowds of local people. The pole is then kept on display for the following "fair week". The children of Honiton Community College are allowed off campus for the duration of the Hot Pennies Ceremony itself.
The size of Honiton in 2005 was approximately 3.2 km². Further development will be limited as Honiton borders the East Devon AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) to the south and the Blackdown Hills AONB to the north and east. AONBs have the same level of protection as National Parks of England and Wales which restricts new developments.
There are still indications of its history as a centre for lace making, such as places called "Lace Walk" and the "Honiton Lace Shop". Now a Chinese style restaurant, the shop’s role has been filled by the Allhallows Museum of Lace and Local Antiquities. The museum was once Allhallows Chapel, and built in the 13th century it is reputed to be the oldest building in Honiton and also once housed Allhallows School.
St Michael's Parish Church, which was rebuilt in 1911 after a fire, is situated on a small hill above the town.
The mid 19th Century St Paul's Church was designed by Charles Fowler and is situated in the centre of the town. Its erection in 1835 required an act of parliament and the demolition of half of the adjacent Allhallows Chapel.
Honiton is host to the annual Honiton Agricultural Show, a traditional event dating back to 1890.
• Ozias Humphry – miniaturist (artist)
• Jo Pavey - athlete
• William Salter – portrait painter
1891, 14, Queen Street Keinton Mandeville, Somerset, 1891 England census.
• Frank, 40, farmer.
• Frances M, 39, wife.
• Cornelius, 13, died 1937 Taunton Somerset.
• Alfred, 12.
• Walter, 10.
• Mabel (Frances), 9.
• Arthur, 7.
• Mary (Gertrude May), 4.
• Mary (Hellena Mary), 1.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Keinton Mandeville is a village and civil parish in Somerset, England, situated 6 miles (9.7 km) west of Castle Cary in the South Somerset district. The village has a population of 991. It is next to Barton St David.
At the time of the Domesday Book it was known as Chintone meaning the noble's enclosure from the Old English cyne and tun. The Mandeville part of the village's name came from Stephen de Mandeville around 1243.
The parish council has responsibility for local issues, including setting an annual precept (local rate) to cover the council’s operating costs and producing annual accounts for public scrutiny. The parish council evaluates local planning applications and works with the local police, district council officers, and neighborhood watch groups on matters of crime, security, and traffic. The parish council's role also includes initiating projects for the maintenance and repair of parish facilities, as well as consulting with the district council on the maintenance, repair, and improvement of highways, drainage, footpaths, public transport, and street cleaning. Conservation matters (including trees and listed buildings) and environmental issues are also the responsibility of the council.
The village falls within the Non-metropolitan district of South Somerset, which was formed on April 1, 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972, having previously been part of Langport Rural District. The district council is responsible for local planning and building control, local roads, council housing, environmental health, markets and fairs, refuse collection and recycling, cemeteries and crematoria, leisure services, parks, and tourism.
Somerset County Council is responsible for running the largest and most expensive local services such as education, social services, libraries, main roads, public transport, policing and fire services, trading standards, waste disposal and strategic planning.
It is also part of the Somerton and Frome county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election, and part of the South West England constituency of the European Parliament which elects seven MEPs using the d'Hondt method of party-list proportional representation.
The Church of St. Mary Magdalene dates from the 13th century and has been designated by English Heritage as a grade II listed building.
Irving House in Castle Street was the birthplace of actor Henry Irving.
1881, West End, Street, Somerset.
• Frank, 30, farmer, born Street.
• Frances M, 28, farmer’s wife, born Street.
• Alfred, 2, born Street.
• Walter, 6 months, born Street.
• Joseph Tazwell, 20, Ag laborer.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Street is a village and civil parish in the county of Somerset, England. It is situated on a dry spot in the Somerset Levels, at the end of the Polden Hills, 2 miles (3.2 km) south-west of Glastonbury. The 2001 census records the village as having a population of 11,066. Its name comes from a 12th century causeway from Glastonbury which was built to transport local Blue Lias stone from what is now Street to rebuild Glastonbury Abbey, although it had previously been known as Lantokay and Lega.
There is evidence of Roman occupation. Much of the history of the village is dominated by Glastonbury Abbey until the Dissolution of the Monasteries. The Society of Friends had become established there by the mid 17th century. One Quaker family, the Clarks, started a business in sheepskin rugs, woolen slippers and, later, boots and shoes. This became C&J Clark which still has its headquarters in Street, but shoes are no longer manufactured there. Instead, in 1993, redundant factory buildings were converted to form Clarks Village, the first purpose-built factory outlet in the United Kingdom. The Shoe Museum provides information about the history of Clarks and footwear manufacture in general. The Clark family mansion and its estate at the edge of the village are now owned by Millfield School, an independent co-educational boarding. Street is also home to Crispin School and Strode College.
To the north of Street is the River Brue, which marks the boundary with Glastonbury. South of Street is the Walton and Ivythorn Hills and East Polden Grasslands biological Sites of Special Scientific Interest. Street has two public swimming pools, one indoor which is part of the Strode complex, and the outdoor lido, Greenbank. Strode Theatre provides a venue for films, exhibitions and live performances. The Anglican Parish Church of The Holy Trinity dates from the 14th century and has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade I listed building.
The settlement's earliest known name is Lantokay, meaning the sacred enclosure of Kea, a Celtic saint. In the Domesday Book it was recorded as Strate, and also Lega, a name still used throughout the country in the modern form, "Leigh". The centre of Street is where Lower Leigh hamlet was, and the road called Middle Leigh and the community called Overleigh is to the south of the village. In the 12th century, a causeway from Glastonbury was built to transport stone from what is now Street for rebuilding Glastonbury Abbey after a fire, and Street's name is derived from the Latin strata - a paved road. The causeway is about 100 yards (90 m) north of a Roman road.
Quarries of the local blue lias stone were worked from as early as the 12th century to the end of the 19th century. It is a geological formation in southern England, part of the Lias Group. The Blue Lias consists of a sequence of limestone and shale layers, laid down in latest Triassic and early Jurassic times, between 195 and 200 million years ago. Its age corresponds to the Rhaetian to lower Sinemurian stages of the geologic timescale, thus fully including the Hettangian stage. It is the lowest of the three divisions of the Lower Jurassic period and, as such, is also given the name Lower Lias. It consists of thin blue argillaceous, or clay-like, limestone. The Blue Lias contains many fossils, especially ammonites. Fossils discovered in the lias include many ichthyosaurs, one of which has been adopted as the badge of Street. There is a display of Street fossils in the Natural History Museum in London.
The churchyard of the Parish Church has yielded one Iron Age coin, however the origin and significance is unclear, although the Dobunni were known to have produced coins in the area. A number of Roman pottery fragments, now in the Somerset County Museum. Remains of Roman villas exist on the south edge of Street near Marshalls Elm and Ivythorn. Buried remains of a Roman road were excavated in the early 20th century on the flood-plain of the river Brue between Glastonbury and Street. The parish churchyard is on the first flood-free ground near the river Brue and was probably the first land to be inhabited. The form of the large churchyard suggests a lan, a sacred area of a kind that was built in the first half of the 6th century. Llan or Lan is a common place name element in Brythonic languages such as Welsh, Cornish, Breton, Cumbric, and possibly Pictish. The original meaning of llan in Welsh is "an enclosed piece of land", but it later evolved to mean the parish surrounding a church.
One biography of St Gildas has the saint spending some time in Glastonbury Abbey, and moving to a site by the river, where he built a chapel to the Holy Trinity and there died. The Parish Church, now Holy Trinity, has at times been known as St Gildas' church. Glastonbury Abbey controlled Street until the Dissolution.
Sharpham Park is a 300-acre (1.2 km2) historic park, approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Street, which dates back to the Bronze Age. The first known reference is a grant by King Edwy to the then Aethelwold in 957. In 1191 Sharpham Park was conferred by the soon-to-be King John I to the Abbots of Glastonbury, who remained in possession of the park and house until the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539. From 1539 to 1707 the park was owned by the Duke of Somerset, Sir Edward Seymour, brother of Queen Jane; the Thynne family of Longleat, and the family of Sir Henry Gould. Edward Dyer was born here in 1543. The house is now a private residence and Grade II* listed building. It was the birthplace of Sir Edward Dyer (died 1607) an Elizabethan poet and courtier, the writer Henry Fielding (1707–54), and the cleric William Gould.
Ivythorn Manor on Pages Hill was a medieval monastic house. It was rebuilt in 1488 for Abbot John Selwood of Glastonbury Abbey. After the dissolution of the monasteries it became a manor house owned by the Marshall and Sydenham families. Sir John Sydenham added a wing 1578 which was later demolished. By 1834 the house was largely ruined until its restoration around 1904, and a west wing was added in 1938. It is a Grade II* listed building.
The River Brue marks the boundary with Glastonbury to the north of the town. At the time of King Arthur, the Brue formed a lake just south of the hilly ground on which Glastonbury stands. This lake is one of the locations suggested by Arthurian legend as the home of the Lady of the Lake. Pomparles Bridge stood at the western end of this lake, guarding Glastonbury from the south, and it was here that Sir Bedivere is thought to have thrown the sword Excalibur into the waters after King Arthur fell at the Battle of Camlann. The old bridge was replaced by a reinforced concrete arch bridge in 1911.
Before the 13th century, the direct route to the sea at Highbridge was blocked by gravel banks and peat near Westhay. The course of the river partially encircled Glastonbury from the south, around the western side (through Beckery), and then north through the Panborough-Bleadney gap in the Wedmore-Wookey Hills, to join the River Axe just north of Bleadney. This route made it difficult for the officials of Glastonbury Abbey to transport produce from their outlying estates to the Abbey, and when the valley of the river Axe was in flood it backed up to flood Glastonbury itself. Sometime between 1230 and 1250, a new channel was constructed westwards into Meare Pool north of Meare, and further westwards to Mark Moor. The Brue Valley Living Landscape is a conservation project based on the Somerset Levels and Moors and managed by the Somerset Wildlife Trust.
Along with the rest of South West England, Street has a temperate climate which is generally wetter and milder than the rest of the country. The annual mean temperature is approximately 10 °C (50.0 °F). Seasonal temperature variation is less extreme than most of the United Kingdom because of the adjacent sea temperatures. The summer months of July and August are the warmest with mean daily maxima of approximately 21 °C (69.8 °F). In winter mean minimum temperatures of 1 °C (33.8 °F) or 2 °C (35.6 °F) are common. In the summer the Azores high pressure affects the south-west of England, however convective cloud sometimes forms inland, reducing the number of hours of sunshine. Annual sunshine rates are slightly less than the regional average of 1,600 hours. In December 1998 there were 20 days without sun recorded at Yeovilton. Most the rainfall in the south-west is caused by Atlantic depressions or by convection. Most of the rainfall in autumn and winter is caused by the Atlantic depressions, which is when they are most active. In summer, a large proportion of the rainfall is caused by sun heating the ground leading to convection and to showers and thunderstorms. Average rainfall is around 700 mm (28 in). About 8–15 days of snowfall is typical. November to March has the highest mean wind speeds, and June to August have the lightest winds. The predominant wind direction is from the south-west.
In Roman times Street was close to the route of the Fosse Way and is now on the route of the modern A39 road which runs from Bath to Cornwall, and the A361.
Glastonbury and Street railway station was the biggest station on the original Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway main line from Highbridge to Evercreech Junction until closed in 1966 under the Beeching axe. Opened in 1854 as Glastonbury, and renamed in 1886, it had three platforms, two for Evercreech to Highbridge services and one for the branch service to Wells. The station had a large goods yard controlled from a signal box. The site is now a timber yard for a local company. Replica level crossing gates have been placed at the entrance.
The Anglican Parish Church of The Holy Trinity dates from the 14th century but underwent extensive restoration in the 19th century. It has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade I listed building. The chancel pre dates the rest of the building, having been built about 1270. The first recorded Rector was John de Hancle in 1304. The parish is linked with Street Mission Church in Vestry Road and the church in Walton. There is also a Baptist church on Glaston Road. The Quaker Friends Meeting House was built in 1850, by J. Francis Cottrell of Bath.
John X. Merriman was born in Street in 1841; His parents were Nathaniel James Merriman, curate of the parish of Street and later third Bishop of Grahamstown, and the former Julia Potter. He emigrated to the Cape Colony with his parents in 1849, aged 8. He was the last prime minister of the Cape Colony before the formation of the Union of South Africa in 1910.
In 1916 John Hinde was born in Street before going on to become a photographer whose idealistic and nostalgic style influenced the art of postcard photography and was widely known for his meticulously planned shoots. Laurence Housman an English playwright, writer and illustrator, lived in Street for 35 years before his death in 1959. Helen Chamberlain, an English television presenter was born in Street in 1967 and the actress Jaye Jacobs in 1982.
Henry John "Harry" Patch, known as "the Last Fighting Tommy" moved to Street in the early 1940's, he ran a plumbing company in the village until his retirement at age 65.
1871, Street Drive Farm, Street, Somerset 1871 England census.
• Joseph Barnes, 46, farmer, born Street.
• Anne Barnes, 46, wife, born Street.
• Frank Barnes, 20, born Street.
• Lot Barnes, 16, born Street.
• Elizabeth Barnes, 13, born Street.
• Robert King, 79, wife’s father, retired farmer.
• George Barnes (and family), 45, Ag laborer (possible brother) at Barnes Field.
• Parmerus Hunt (and family), 28, Street Drive Lodge, Coach Driver.
1861, Street, Somerset, District 16, 1861 England census.
• Joseph Barnes, 37, farmer of 115 acres and 3 laborers.
• Ann Barnes, 36.
• Robert K Barnes, 13.
• Frank Barnes, 10.
• Lot Barnes, 6.
• Elizabeth Barnes, 3.
1851, Hind Hays, Street, Somerset, 1851 England census.
• Joseph Barnes, 27, thatcher.
• Ann Barnes, 26.
• Robert Barnes, 3.
• Frank Barnes, 6.m.o.
• Edwin Barnes 22, brother, Ag laborer.
• William Barnes, 15, brother, out-door servant, thatcher.
Joseph Barnes, 1824-1903, father John Barnes (1792-1838), mother Sara Baker (1801-1837) (family history on ancestry).
Children of Joseph Barnes (1824-1903) and Ann Barnes born 1825 (father Robert King born 1792, mother Harriet King born 1789).
• Robert King Barnes, 1847-1905. Remained in Somerset, married twice, first wife Fanny Hooper 1847-1879. Had four children Virtue b1872, Joseph A b1876, John H b1878 and Elizabeth A born1879. All on ancestry.com. Second wife Elizabeth Searle (1853-?). Had nine children with second wife. Lottie b1882, Thomas S b1883, Ellen b1885, Robert K b1887, Ethel b1889, Mabel b1890, William G b1893, Dorothy b1895 and Gladys b1896.
• Frank Barnes, born 1851, married Frances Mary and moved to Devon, then migrated to Korumburra Australia.
• Lot Barnes, born 1855.
• Elizabeth Barnes, born 1858.
John Barnes, (1792-1838) and Sara Baker (1801-1837), father Jeremiah Barnes (1782-1828), mother Mary Wilcox. Children of John Barnes & Sara Baker.
• Joseph Barnes married Ann King. Children, Robert King Barnes, Frank Barnes, Lot and Elizabeth.
• George Baker Barnes (1825-1872), married Ann Thyler. Children Mary Ann, Sara, George, John, Henry, John?, Edward, Edwin & Eliza Ann. All on ancestry.
• John Barnes, (1827-).
• Edwin Barnes, (1829-1865).
• Henry Barnes, (1832-).
• Frances Mary Barnes, (1834-).
• William Barnes, (1836).
History of Sara Baker (1801-1837), Frank Barnes paternal grandmother.
• Father Thomas Baker (1768-1821) mother Sara Crane (1768-1820).
• Thomas Baker 1768-1821 father unknown Baker, grandfather Baker 1710-?, great grand father Baker 1685-1745, great great grand father Giles Baker 1660-1720, his father Humphrey Baker and Margaret Slade.
• Sara Bakers mother, Sara Crane 1768-1820, grand parents Lawrence Crane and Mary Bennett.
• Lawrence Cranes parents Giles Crane born 1710 and Mary Hutchins born 1713.
• Giles Cranes parents William Crane and Hannah (died 17330.
• William Crane father Giles Crane born 1659.
• Giles Cranes parents John Crane and Temperance Byhathall.
• John Cranes parents Richard and Jone.
FRAMPTON FAMILY HISTORY
Uriah Frampton (b 30 Oct 1796-1885), married Hannah Pursey b 1804.
Parents of Uriah Frampton. Robert Frampton (1765-1848) and Mary Crossman (1763-1838).
Parents of Robert Frampton. Robert Frampton (1736-?) and Mary Dawkins (1736-1836).
Parents of Robert Frampton. Richard Frampton (1714-1771) and Theophila T Collins (1712-1784).
Parents of Richard Frampton.
Frances Mabel Frampton married Frank Barnes.
Note. Frances M Barnes b 1853 d Outtrim listed her father as Josh Cornelius Fronton.
1841, Walton, Somerset.
• Uriah Frampton, 40, Innkeeper.
• Hannah Frampton, 35.
• Lauretta Frampton, 14, married Joseph Bartlett.
• Joseph Frampton, 10.
1851, Walton, Somerset.
• Uriah Frampton, 55, Ag Lab.
• Hannah Frampton, 47.
• Lauretta Frampton, age 23, shoe binder.
• Joseph Frampton, 21, Ag Laborer.
1861, Walton, Somerset.
• Uriah Frampton, 65, Ag Lab.
• Hannah Frampton, 57.
• Lauretta Frampton, 34, dressmaker.
• Frances M Frampton, 9, grand daughter.
1871, Walton, Somerset. 83 Main St.
• Charles Bacon, 55, Tailor.
• Celia Bacon, 55, Wife.
• Frank Bacon, 20, Packer at shoe factory.
• William Bacon, 12, Scholar.
• Uriah Frampton, 74, Lodger, Parish Clerk.
Uriah Frampton born October 1796 married Hannah Pursey 6th July 1826, Walton, Somerset. Children of Uriah and Hannah.
1. Lauretta Frampton b 1826, married Joseph Bartlett.
2. Joseph Cornelius Frampton b 1829, married Ellen White.
1881, Walton Somerset.
• Joseph Bartlett, 58 Marble Mason b Glastonbury.
• Lauretta Bartlett, 54, Wife.
• Uriah Frampton, 84 Wife’s father, Parish Clerk, died 1885 Wells Somerset.
• Cornelius F Barnes, 5
Children of Joseph Cornelius Frampton and Ellen White.
• Frances M Frampton b 1852, Married Frank Barnes.
• Edward Frampton, b 1854.
• Rebecca Frampton, b 1858.
• Uriah F Frampton, b 1860.
• Alfred F Frampton, b 1865.
• Lauretta F Frampton, b 1867.
• Hannah L Frampton, b 1869.
• Walter Frampton, b1871.
• Nelly (Ellen) Frampton, b 1876.