Search for content in message boards

Pelham Humphries

Replies: 85

Re: Spindletop

BarbaraCarter10 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2010 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Humphries, English
BRIAN, I would certainly welcome connecting with any real relatives of Wm Pelham Humphries. I have read lots of material and researchers have given many years to research the Humphries line. I am sorry to say that the 'conclusions' they came to just didn't pan out. I appreciate their hard work and not all that was written was incorrect.... Just the important parts..
If you can show me how you fit in, I would be more than happy to share (infact I share with anyone) I do know who he was in as much as I know his children, wife, in-laws, and decendants. I can assume who his parents were but I have found them only in one book that is considerd creditable. I do know he was tied to Joseph Humphries (brothers?) and others in the East TX area. It has not been established the exact relationship beyond a doubt. Please share and I will reply. Thank you for your interest. I do have a copy of the Spanish land grant as do MANY MANY other people. Also a copy of the letter of character required to obtain the grant. His closest neighbors and friends were doctors and sheriff of the time. I have been told he was related to English but since his only son married English's daughter, I find it doubtful. Pelham's son died during the Civil War. He became very ill at camp and was released to go home, never to return as he died. Many men died that way (desease) and we rarely hear about it. One man was trying to attack any off-spring of Pelham and called his son a deserter. That is the kind of people I have dealt with over this. Had I supported his theory, he would have been kinder.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BarbaraCarter10 7 Aug 2010 5:08AM GMT 
good4ya44 21 Aug 2010 11:40PM GMT 
Mitzi Hammond Perkins 2 Nov 2010 9:40PM GMT 
BarbaraCarter10 2 Nov 2010 11:45PM GMT 
bjchilders 3 Nov 2010 4:12PM GMT 
JackieCarroll123 8 Dec 2010 4:41AM GMT 
bjchilders 8 Dec 2010 3:52PM GMT 
BarbaraCarter10 15 Dec 2010 1:32AM GMT 
bjchilders 15 Dec 2010 1:58AM GMT 
JackieCarroll123 8 Dec 2010 4:38AM GMT 
per page