Search for content in message boards

Reuben Hunt - Halifax, VA - Fayette, KY

Replies: 0

Reuben Hunt - Halifax, VA - Fayette, KY

shoshk (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2009 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunt, Newell, Wyatt, Bowen, Gillock
I am trying to find out more about Reuben HUNT who (probably) migrated from Halifax, VA to Fayette, KY circa 1795 -- husband of Sarah and father of Fanny, Nancy, Robert R., Celey [Scelia] and Polly [Mary].

I found the following posted at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gillock/gi...:

On 22 Jun 1821 a case was filed in Barren Co, KY by Robert NEWELL and his wife Polly (HUNT) regarding the disposition of the estate of Reuben and Sarah HUNT. It seems that Sarah died earlier that month, intestate, and the children were arguing over disposition of the property. The case states that Reuben HUNT died circa 1795 and that his will was proven and recorded in Fayette Co, KY (but was subsequently lost when the courthouse burned). The children and heirs of Reuben are listed as follows:

(1) Fanny who married (before Reuben's death) Conque WYATT
(2) Nancy who married Thomas BOWEN
(3) Robert R. HUNT (dec'd by 1821 - his heirs are named in the suit)
(4) Celey [Scelia] who married James GILLOCK
(5) Polly [Mary] who married Robert NEWELL

From another source (post by Wm Hunt to HUNT-L on 29 Nov 2000), I have that Fanny HUNT m. Conque WYATT in Halifax Co, VA on 22 Apr 1795. Sur. Wyatt HALEY. Wit. John WYATT. Reuben HUNT consents for Fanny.

Finally, in a post by M. Dean Hunt to HUNT-L on 19 Jan 1999:

Halifax County Deeds --

29 Jun 1792: from Ambrose HUNT and Henry PETTILLO to Reuben HUNT (Book 15, p. 431)
13 Feb 1792: from Reuben HUNT to Ambrose HUNT (Book 15, p. 432)
4 Dec 1795: Reuben HUNT witnessed deed from Ambrose HUNT to Thomas SCATES (Book 16, p. 518)
26 Sep 1795: Reuben HUNT witnessed power of attorney from Ambrose HUNT to Joseph HUNT (Book 16, p. 519)

Thanks,
Shoshana Kalson

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions