Talley/Greer/Beckham

Replies: 5

Talley/Greer/Beckham

BHathcock1693 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 1:49PM GMT
Surnames: Bechham, Greer, Saunders, Talley, Tally
On July 10, 1851, Constantine A. Talley married Julia A. Greer in Barren Co., KY. Constantine was the son of John Peter and Jedidah M. Saunders Talley. I can find no further information on this couple other than the 1860 census of Barren Co., KY. It list a Clard Tally (female) age 6, and a Constant Tally (male) age 4, living in the house hold of Thomas S. Greer, who was listed as being 53 or 54, (I do not have the information in front of me).

I am assuming that Clard and Constant were Clarinda and Constantine, who were mentioned in a court case in Tipton Co., TN, having something to do with guardianship and/or an estate. Constantine's parents were living in Tipton Co., TN at this time. I am also assuming that these two children were the children of Constantine and Julia Greer Talley, and that the Thomas Greer they were living with was their maternal grandfather. I am also assuming that something had happened to the parents, as I could find no further mention of them anywhere, and the bit about the court case. (There was something about it in a small newspaper in Dyer Co., TN at the time, and I have been unable to get a copy of the information yet).

I know that Clarinda M. Talley, b. abt. 1854 in Barren Co., KY, married Nathaniel Beckham in Barren Co., KY in 1874. Constantine Talley, b. abt. 1856 in Barren Co., KY, married Bettie Beckham on March 3, 1878 also in Barren Co., KY.

Does anyone know what happened to not only the parents of these two children, but what happened to the children. I am unable to locate them after their marriage.

I would also like to know what was the relationship of Bettie Beckham to Nathaniel Beckham. Siblings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BHathcock1693 18 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Ashley Foster 11 Jun 2012 2:28PM GMT 
beckham1943 12 Jun 2012 1:35AM GMT 
Ashley Foster 12 Jun 2012 12:45PM GMT 
beckham1943 25 Feb 2013 10:25PM GMT 
beckham1943 13 Jun 2012 9:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions