Search for content in message boards

Help on the Empie family and Landon family please???

Replies: 5

Help on the Empie family and Landon family please???

Carrie (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2001 10:25AM GMT
I have some family that are Empies
As the story goes the Empies are from Fort Wayne Indiana and they were really wealthy. They were the ones that were responsible for the track cars and first lights in Fort Wayne. T.B. Empie (1848-1910) married a M.J.Empie(1854-1931) her maiden name is unknown. I found the two in Lindenwood Cemetary in Fort Wayne Indiana on 8/10/2001. They had a daughter Anna Empie (1874-1940) that married my GGgrandfather William Landon (1871-1941) William was killed in a freak accident while walking home from work he walked in front of a dining car and was sragged about 20 feet.My grandmother said that they had to search to make sure that they had all of him.(His mother and father were Matilda and James Landon.) William and Anna had 7 children William, James, Ralph, Hazel, Robert, Florence, and Mary.

Robert (b june 16 1909 d feb 25 1974)married a Mary Louise Stevens on June 20 1953 in Huntington Indiana. They had 4 children Micheal, Tamara, Warren, Randy.

Ralph (d Jan 12,1960) married a Mary although the maiden name is unknown and they had 3 children, Richard E., Dollie who married a Nimtz, and Donna June who married a Matson.

James (b Aug 14,1906 D June 22,1979) was married to my Ggrandmother Loretta Smart and had 2 children Caroline and James Lee Landon. Caroline is my grandmother and married a Charles Treadwell. They had my mom Eva, Rose, Melody, and Charles Jr. James Lee has been married 2 times and has about 9 kids and presently is living in Indiana. I believe in the Huntington area.

William B.(b December 1,1898) never married or had children that I know of to this day. But as the story goes he was in the Krystal Resturant having a few drinks and when he left all he had was about $4 on him and he was beaten then robbed. The guys who beat him did some major damage and he died at Huntington Memorial Hospital March 16 1981.

Florence married a Floyd Stevens and had 2 children Olive Mae and Bobbie.

Mary married a Lloyd Pinkerton(Pinkerington) and had a son that died in WW1 and a daughter Juanita.

Hazel married a Forest Foor and they had Lila and Johnny. Johnny died in WW1 also. it is said that Lila may have married a Johnny as well. I found Hazels head stone at Pilgrims Rest Cemetary off of Route 5 in Huntington Indiana on 8/10/2001 and she is burried with a Onie Foor. I dont know who that is or if that is her husbands real name. My grandmother was the one that told me that her husbands name was Forest. Have more research do to on that.

Also if anyone can get me any info one whether or not Eva Smart has a head stone in Pilgrims Rest cemetary it would be appreciated. I went to the cemetary myself on 8/10/2001 and after about 4 hours of walking around I couldnt find one but my grandmother said that there is one there. When I went to the office to get info there was a message saying please if you have any questions call and left a number but I was from out of state so I didnt even know the area code. If someone can help me it would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carrie 11 Aug 2001 4:25PM GMT 
gingerabbit2 13 Aug 2001 10:35PM GMT 
Carrie 16 Aug 2001 12:16AM GMT 
skittles483 8 Sep 2011 6:54PM GMT 
skittles483 8 Sep 2011 6:59PM GMT 
PamLandon 10 Oct 2011 5:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions