Search for content in message boards

Patrick MORRISSEY on Bonaventure island

Patrick MORRISSEY on Bonaventure island

Amélie Gagné (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My ancestors PAtrick Morrissey and Mary Fitgerald came from Ireland to Bonaventure island, I'd like to know WHERE in Ireland they're from and if they were OWNWERS of the island.Any informations would be welcome... Thanks!

Re: Patrick MORRISSEY on Bonaventure island

@@Walzjmpr@aol.com (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2001 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 9:14PM GMT
I have PATRICK MORRISSEY, born March 24, 1833 Youghal, County Cork, Ire. No info re spouse or fate but parents were PATRICK MORRISSEY, "presser & dyer" b @1800 "Carrick" and CATHERINE ANN O'BRIEN, b. @1800 County Waterford. Theri son PATRICK's baptismal sponsors were JAMES NORTON & MARY SWEENEY. M. FITZGERALD listed as sponsor on sib's birth certificate. Any possible connection??

Morrissey...

Amelie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 5:28PM GMT
Thanks! I don't know yet but I'm in Ireland now, might be able to check...

Re: Morrissey...

@@Walzjmpr@aol.com (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 9:14PM GMT
Thanks for any info you gather. Even if it doesn't seem relevant to you or me, you might want to keep it since MORRISSEY is a fairly uncommon name and my suspicions are that many of us who think we are unrelated may one day hook up as distant cousins. I will be in Ireland for a good chunk of next summer and will spend some time in Youghal doing research (as well as other parts of Cork and Tipperary). Will contact you once I get back w/ info I have. Am certainly looking for my specific MORRISSEYS but will probably log a lot of info on other Youghal MORRISSEYS as well and will be happy to share it. For what it's worth, my MORRISSEYS seem to hook up a lot in the US, specifically California, with Irish family names CALLAGHAN and JORDAN. Thanks for your time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions