Search for content in message boards

George Washington Carter

George Washington Carter

edwinarmstrong (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2008 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the father of George Washington Carter. George was born 1812 Russell Co., KY married Mary Ann Rabern 4 May 1838 Putman, KY. They lived in Adair Co., KY and had 10 to 12 children.

Thank you
Ed Armstrong

Re: George Washington Carter

Nanahockey (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2008 8:59AM GMT
Surnames: CARTER, RABERN, OLDACRE, JANES, TANNER, BENNETT
GW's Father was Thomas Issac Carter b "Old Dominion" mother Elizabeth Oldacre. Thomas died in War of 1812 I am told but haven't been able to prove it. Elizabeth filed for a poor widows pension but can find no record she ever received it.

How are you related to Carters? GW was my ggrandfather. His son John Henry Carter was my grandfather. JH's daughter Minnie D. Carter was my mother.

Posted: 3 Mar 2008 11:35PM GMT
If may records are correct, George Washington Carter would be my 2nd great-grandfather, my great-grand father is William Calvin Carter, my grandfather is George E. Carter and my mother was Opal Lee (Carter) Armstrong.

William Calvin married James Cornelia (Forbis) Carter, they were married in Green Co., Ky 22 Feb 1877.

My grandfather liven in Sangamon & Menard Counties in Illinois.

I read in the Kentucky Genealogy and Biography Vol V page 75 that Thomas I. (thank you for giving me his middle name and for John H.) later moves to the wilderness of Kentucky and married a Miss Rainwater, do you know about this?
This I found under the James W. Carter biographical sketches. If you wish to contact me ed_star@yahoo.com

Thank you for replying
Ed Armstrong

Posted: 2 Apr 2008 12:24AM GMT
Still looking for information about George Washington Carter.

My name is Edwin R. Armstrong, my mother was Opal Lee Carter, daughter of George E. Carter and Nancy Ellen Elmore,
George was the son of William Calvin Carter and James C. Forbis - they were married 22 Feb 1877 in Green Co., KY, I believe that William was the son of George Washington Carter, do you have the name of his children? Any help would be appreciated. Please reply on this link or e-mail be ed_star@yahoo.com (that is an underscore between ed and star. Thank you very much for any help you can give me. And if want I will give you all the information on Willia Calvin's family.

Ed Armstrong
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions