Search for content in message boards

Podomnik - Stephen Podomnik

Nancy Mellish (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: PODOMNIK
My Grandfather was born in Arad,Romania/Eastern Hungary. I would like for any family members still living in Hungary to contact me. His first name was Stephen.

PODOMNIK

Candy Copeland (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 12:47PM GMT
Hello,
A search for the surname "PETMECKY or PETMECKI" turned up your message as a result. I have many Hungarian/German Petmeckys from Limburg and Weisbaden Germany in my family tree. Most of which can be viewed at my website. I also have formed another website called "HOUSE OF PETMECKY: HUNGARIAN GERMANS" at http://www.myfamily.com and several PETMECKY Cousins have joined the site. Please let me know if you do have the surname PETMECKY in your genealogy. Thank you,
Candy Copeland

Posted: 11 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: Podomnik, Yarmere
Stephen Podomnik was my Grandfather who left Hungary.
Anna Yarmere was his mother/maiden name.
Helen and Antonia were his sisters w/married names.

PODOMNIK

Candy Copeland (View posts)
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Petmecky, Petmecki,
Did I miss it? Did you tell us your Grandfather's name? Spouses name? I have 2 separate Petmecky lines traced on my web page at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/1028.

Candy Copeland

PODOMNIK

Edited: 8 Feb 2013 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Podomnik
My biggest problem is that my Grandfather came to America on his own and married in the US. I don't know the exact date or the boat he came in on. All I know is that when he left Hungary/Arad, Romania (at 17) he went to Buenos Aires for a few years, before coming to the US and working in the Pittsburgh steel mills. I hit a brick wall. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Podomnik - Welhemia Podomnik

LindaYaun38 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2013 12:54PM GMT
Surnames: Podomnik, Bukky
Hi,
I don't know the correct spelling of my son's grandmother's mothers name, but she came from Hungry. She married a Bukky and lived in Ohio. I was told Ida Bukky the youngest of the children was born in the U.S. and most of her brothers and sisters were not. I don't have much information and I probably spelled the name wrong. I want to get Ida's birth certificate and then maybe I can spell the name right. I was hoping maybe you could be of some help.

Thank You,
Linda Yaun
Ladyfish.x2@Juno.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions