Search for content in message boards

Thomas A. McCabe WilksBarre , Pa.

Thomas A. McCabe WilksBarre , Pa.

Millie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 9:16AM GMT
I am looking for family of Thomas A McCabe , born in or near Wilks Barre, Pa. Born Jan. 23, 1914. Died March 5, 1970 in Parma, Ohio. I believe he had numerous siblings one of which was named Margaret. Unknown Parents name . He was married to Violet Helen Balog in Cleveland, Ohio. They were my husbands parents. My husband was Robert Thoma McCabe born May 19,1936 and we had 4 children. My husband died Aug.11, 1976. I would like to find family roots for my children, as they of course don't know any family on the McCabe side . My husband had one sister Karen Ann . They used to visit family in Wilks Barre when they were children. Any information would be appreciated.

Thomas McCabe

Jan Bower (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 5:54PM GMT
I have a Thomas McCabe born in 1914. He was the son of John and Bella McCabe. He was born in Miners Mills (Wilkes-Barre) PA. His father, if it is the right Thomas, was my great grandmothers brother. Let me know if this is your needed info. I have more information to share. Jan

McCabe

Millie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 7:36PM GMT
Hi Jan, I hope we are talking about the same family. Thomas had a brother they called Bernie, he died a couple of years before Thomas , Thomas has a neice that lives in Rocky River Ohio , or at least used too. I can't remember her first name right now ,but her last name (married) is McMahan, Possibly her name is Rita, not sure. I had met her a long time ago, back in the 70's. I have lost touch with her. Do any of these names ring a bell? I don't know hardly any thing about this family., but my children would love to know their family. Sincerely, hope to hear from you. Thank you.

Thomas McCabe

jbower5300 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 7:30PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 1:51PM GMT
Hi, Milly. I haven't checked this site in a while and I just found your message. I beleive the Rita your speaking of is Rita Jenkins. I am not aware of her being in Ohio but it is very possible. I believe she died several years ago in New Jersey. I am sure we have the correct family. Please contact me directly at my email: jan1953@ptd.net and I will pass along all the information you need. Oh, I have his parents listed as John (aka Jackie) and Bella McCabe. I also have photos of them. His siblings were James, Margaret, John jr., William, Francis, Mary, Isabella, Bernard and Catherine (according to my census records I acquired). Hope to talk to you soon. Jan Bower

Re: McCabe

msgmc1 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2012 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCabe Coley
Millie--I just now saw your post from the year 2000 when you were communicating with a Jan Bower about the decentants of Thomas McCabe. This Thomas, married to Violet, was my dad's (Bernie (Bernard)brother.I am Bernard's daughter--Bernadine (Bernie). Dad died in Jan '88. The Rita McMahon that you mentioned still lives in Cleveland. She however is the daughter of Mary, not Margaret. Margaret also had a Rita, but she was a Rita Lutz, now a Keslensky.My ancestry acct is not active during the summer months.You can e-mail me at msgmc@new.rr.com. Identify yourself in the subject line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions