Search for content in message boards

Re: Gholson family

jgholsongroff (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2001 10:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Dec 2001 3:42PM GMT
I hail from Anthony Jr's family...more specifically, his son Joseph b ca 1751, m Frances Waddell; Waddell Gholson b 1776 d 1839 m Margaret; Edward T. Gholson m Sara; James Edward Gholson m. Mirelda: their children were Harry, Edward, Oscar, Robert, Frank, and a daughter who died in infancy. I'm Harry's greatgrandaughter.

Effe (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Gholson, Golson, Golsan
I own a book by James Black, entitled "The Families and Descendants in America of Golsan, Golson, Gholson, Gholston." He has written a great deal about the descendants of Anthony Gholson and his wife Jane. Your line is in there, for a few generations.

Posted: 1 Apr 2002 3:00PM GMT
My grandmother has the same book. Thanks.

Mary G. Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2002 3:41AM GMT
Is this Gholson book available for purchase from some source?

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 1:49PM GMT
Not that I'm aware of...it was published in the early 70s.

CherylDaubs (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 2:45AM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2004 3:51PM GMT
Do you have a listing for Samuel Leonard Gholson b. May 29, 1871 d. June 19, 1945 married to Flora Matilda Russell b. April 20, 1875, d. March 1, 1953? I am looking for Samuel's parents.

Thank You!

ellen vester (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2006 4:29PM GMT
my gr grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Gholson, dtr of Edward T. (Thomas?) and sarah Perkinson, born in Halifax Co, Va, 28 Aug 1844. Edward and Sarah came to Mo between 1840 and 1844. Mary Elizabeth was the oldest child and was listed as head of family on the 1860 census. She married Thomas Middleton Stewart in Franklin Co between1865 and 1867..I have all the Gholson information but cannot find the Stewarts..If you can help me I'd appreciate it greatly
Ellen

Julie Gholson Groff (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2006 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Gholson
I don't have any information about the Stewarts, but I would be interested in knowing more about your gr grandmother and her siblings, one of whom may be my gr gr grandfather, James Edward Gholson.

Patricia Elliott (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2006 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Addington, Carr, Chapman,Elliott,Gholson,Crump
I would be interested in the Gholson info as I am researching that line. My grandfather was John Gholson son of James Gholson, who was son of Lewis Gholson who was son of William Gholson all from Greenup Co,Ky. Will share info . Patricia Elliott

ellenVester (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2013 8:46PM GMT
Your Gholsons are the ones who left early and went to KY.and then on West. Check Julie Groffs family tree. She and I are from rthe branch that came West to MO.
Ellen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions