Search for content in message boards

Andrew J. Cantrell b. SC

Andrew J. Cantrell b. SC

idoyoga (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell, Cooper, McCraw
Looking for information on the parents of Andrew J. Cantrell. He was born abt. 1831 in S.C.
and married Hannah Cooper on 10-30-1853 in Monroe, MS

A.J. & Hannah had three childred that I know of.
1. (George) A.J. Cantrell b. abt. 1855
2. Franklin Cantrell b. 12-14-1858 in Monroe County, Mississippi
3. Mary Frances Cantrell was twin sister of Franklin.

Mary Frances is my great grandmother. She married Aaron Thomas McCraw on 2-14-1876 in
Columbia County, Arkanasa and she died 5-7-1904 in Stanley, Pushmataha County, Oklahoma.

Thanks to anyone who can give me some help here.

K. Morrison

Re: Andrew J. Cantrell b. SC

Glenda Schroeder (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2001 12:52AM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Reese, Cantrell, Teague
My husband's G-G-Grandmother, Mary Cantrell, was born about this same time as your Mary Cantrell, but we know nothing about her other than she was from Greenville, SC. Mary Cantrell (our) married William Horace Reese and lived in Liberty, Oconee Co., SC. Their son, G-grandfather, William John Reese, married Elizabeth Teague in Greenville, SC.

Sorry I can't help out more on your Cantrell Family in SC. Berryglen Place@aol.com

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2002 8:00AM GMT
Surnames: CANTRELL, COOPER
Hi I am doing research on my grandmothers side of the family and the only information i was given so far is that my great great grandfather Andrew jackson Cantrell was born july 29th,1855 in south carolina and died in the civil war. He married Hanna Cooper she was born in meridian, miss. Thats all i have gotten on this one so far . My mothers cousin has been trying to help with this he is also a cantrell. We are both searching for any relatives or information.

Kay Bowles Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell
Brenda,
Sorry about taking so long to reply.
I have some information that was sent to me by another Cantrell family member. The information is about descendants of A.J. & Hanna. Still do not know who their parents were.
I only know of three children of A.J. & Hanna, but have always wondered if there were more children. Was your grandmother Mary France? Would love to see what you have.
Please email me direct and I will send you information that was shared with me.
Kay

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2004 5:30AM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell, Cooper
Hi, I am also doing research on Andrew Jackson Cantrell; born July 29th 1855 in South Carolina Died in Cilvil War and married Hannah Cooper I think her birth was in Meridian, Miss.
This information was given to me by my Uncle could this be the same one you are speaking of?

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2004 5:44AM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell, Barnes, Long, Gilley
Hi sorry it took so long to reply back to you I didnt see your email addy anyway my Grandmother's name is Fannie Cantrell she married a Barnes.Also I dont know about the way he has this written down for me but he has a Andrew Jackson Jr. listed who married Julia Ann Long. He also has written Dock Cantrell born in Mississippi married Fannie Gilley and they have 2 children Willie and Jessie. I dont know if this helps but thats about all I have on the Cantrells. I need help also lol

staraldenbaca83 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2007 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Census
are you one of Ellavee Grimes children

staraldenbaca83 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2009 1:45PM GMT
i am ellavee's first cousin. just checking to see if any thing new has come up. starlight(edythe McCraw)

KAColetti (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2009 12:17AM GMT
If any of you are still out there and wondering. Andres Jackson Cantrell born 1831 in S. C. Married on my records Mary Betcher . Parents were George W. Cantrell, 1792 S. C. and Martha Patsy Eaton 1799, S. C. Brothers and sisters were George Washington, 1815 (Female) 1817 , Sarah 1819, Minerva 1821, William O. 1822, Mary Ann Polly 1825, Adolphus Leroy 1827 , Matilda 1831, Martha Jane, 1835,
Elizabeth 1837. IN 1850 thee were four families of Cantrell's living close together in Spartanburg, S. C. including James and Sallie Cantreel Nolan, three houses away. I descend from William O. Cantrell and his wife Martha Elinor Govan./

jrytrplt (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2009 4:58PM GMT
I found your post and thought I would throw this into the mix.

One Andrew Jackson Cantrell died in Bradley County, TN on 6 Feb.,1931. Before and at his death, articles were published in the Cleveland Banner and one other local paper. According to the articles, he was born in Spartanburgh Dist, SC in 1826. Fought in the CW and at or near the end of the war, fled to western NC and then to southeast TN. He died at age 104 having had two or three wives and twelve children. There are CW records showing a A J Cantrell with birth years of 1826 and 1839. There is some evidence that although he was, apparently, a member of the Palmetto Sharpshooters that he either was a northern sympathizer or later became one.

I have looked and looked for the "real" A J Cantrell and his family in Spartanburgh Dist but to no avail.

Does this fit into your puzzle anywhere?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions