Search for content in message boards

Victor Lemelle

Victor Lemelle

denisemk (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 5:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Apr 2003 6:43AM GMT
Surnames: LEMELLE
It seems that my Victor Lemelle b. ca. 1830-1840, was the illegitimate child of Alexandre Lemelle. If so, then who would his mother have been? He has been my brick wall for so long. Could really appreciate some light shed on this one. Any takers? Thanks so much to anyone who can help.

Denise

Re: Victor Lemelle

RPM (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2003 5:08AM GMT
The email above is ficticious but the info is not. Victor or Victorin's mother is reportedly Euphrosine Lazare, aka Fronie Lazare, a negress slave.

Re: Victor Lemelle

denisemk (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2003 4:23AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2003 6:43AM GMT
Thank you "RPM" so much for this info. Is there anything else you can tell me about these two people or point me in the right direction. God Bless you!

Victorin Lemelle ATTN: RPM

denisemk (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: LEMELLE LAZARE
Can you elaborate on his parentage, siblings, d/pob or any little bit of info would be greatly appreciated. You're a genie angel. Thanks so much.

Re: Victorin Lemelle ATTN: RPM

RPM (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2003 12:09AM GMT
Have no further info on Victorin that you have requested. My info is victorin married 9/16/1872 in St Anthony Catholic Church, Eunice, La, to Marie Victorine Francoise Jean and that a document (probably marriage bond) exists in Opelousas Court House under marriage #7014 (date 8/29/1872.) I have zip on any siblings of the Lemelle-Lazare coupling. I do note that Lemelle was married to Marianne Terrancine Meullion at about age 24 and had multiple children by her. I suspect, but have no support, that Victorin was born in the Opelousas (today) Bayou Teche (then) area of LA. Sorry.

Re: Victorin Lemelle ATTN: RPM

geori77 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2003 9:02PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2004 9:55PM GMT
THERE WAS A VICTORIN LEMELLE SON OF FELIX
LEMELLE @ JULIA WILLIAMS.BORN 1894. I AM THE
GREATGRAND DAUGHTER OF FELIX LEMELLE & JULIA
WILLIAMS . THEY WAS LIVING IN EUNICE, LA. THEY DIED IN EUNICE.
GOD LOVING & BLEBBING
GEORGIA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions