Search for content in message boards

Levi Franklin Salyer

Levi Franklin Salyer

Annmargareth (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 7:31PM GMT
I am from the line of Levi Franklin Salyer. He is my gggreat grandfather. I believe he was married to a Nelli McCarthy.

They had a son named Shanklin (ggreat grandpa) who was originally from KY and then moved his family to NC.

I have previously posted on this board re: my search for my grandfather Ray, son of Shanklin. I finally found a relative :) and am so happy! BUT, as you who look into your own geneology know, I'd like to put together more info from the family line.

It is believed that Levi was the son of a David Salyer, but I am not sure. Anyone out there able to help with your own info?

Thanks!
Annmargareth

david salyer

pat1931 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 9:17PM GMT
david jackson salyer son of levi salyer levi was the son of zachariah benjamin salyer levi is my gggrandfather

Levi / David

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 1:24PM GMT
Loretta -
I've seen your previous post and am a bit confused. Are you Salyer from both sides?

Also, are you saying that Zachary B. Salyer was the father of Levi F. Salyer? Levi F. Salyer is the father of David J. Salyer?

If Levi F. is you gggreat grandfather (3 greats?) He is my ggreat grandfather (2 greats)b/c his son (Shankin) is my great grandfather. Shanklin's son (Ray) is my grandfather. Ray's son (Ray A.) is my dad.

If so, then David and Shanklin would be brothers. If this is correct (or incorrect)please let me know.

Genealogy can be so confusing!!!
Annmargareth

david jackson salyer

pat1931 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 9:17PM GMT
levi salyer married mary mccarty had a son named david jackson he had a son named levi frances he also had a son name shanklin maybe levi f had a son named shanklin

LEVI FRANKLIN SALYER

scaggs37 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2002 5:47AM GMT
I am the granddaughter of Levi Francis Salyer who had a son by the name of Shanklin who was my uncle. Brother of Louis Manford Salyer from Ky. and earlier from N.C. I think this may be the same man. If you would like more info. u can e-mail me.

Levi

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 11:51PM GMT
I recently e-mailed you privately and hope you get it. I am anxiously awaiting your reply and hoping you are a link in my family chain.

Annmargareth

LEVI

scaggs37 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2000 7:27AM GMT
Annamargarth, Was so glad to hear from you but have somehow lost the message. Please send it again. I am the youngest daughter of Louis Manford Salyer who was born in 1895 and passed on in 1957.
Pixie

SHANKLIN

scaggs37 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2000 7:30AM GMT
The Shanklin you are referring to is my uncle. I have pictures of a lot of the family. He was my dads brother.
Pixie

Re: LEVI

Vernby3 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2004 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Apr 2005 11:12PM GMT
Shanklin was also brother to my mother, Naomi Salyer, who will be 95 October 31.

Bud Byrd

Re: SHANKLIN

uthbuckingbulls (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2011 1:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Please help me, I'm away from my notes and it's hard to keep this straight. The Shanklin you are referring to is the son of who? I also have many pics, but am always in search for more, especially the old ones. My GG-GF was Jacob Salyer, my GGG-GF was David Jackson Salyer. Also, my GG-GM was Mary Jane Salyer, also a daughter of David Jackson Salyer. (Jacob's Grandaughter married Mary Jane's Grandson.) If this is the family line your pics are from, I would love to trade. Sincerely, Amy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions