Search for content in message boards

BUCHANAN/LEDFORD

BUCHANAN/LEDFORD

Klein (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2004 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: BENFIELD, BURLESON, BUCHANAN, LEDFORD, WISE, WARD
Looking for relatives in family tree....
Virgil Buchanan married Maggie Buchanan. Children: Hazel, Brown, Bell, Carl, Coleman, Mable, Earl, Rachel, Arnold.

A.D. Ledford married Buena Childers. Children: Nora (married Robert Wise); Jess; Rube; Dave; Annie (married William Buchanan); Dollie (married Ward), Stokes (married Benfield); Mary (married Burleson).

Any info would help. Thank you.

A.D. Buchanan

fklein (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Ledford
I have Ade Buchanan married Dollie Ledford and Dollie may have been married to a Mr. Ward. Don't have Peggy Ward. All the children I know of Dollie and Ade Buchanan are Bernice, Helen, Edith and several other unknown kids.
Was Dollie Ledford a twin of Annie Ledford? Annie Ledford married William Buchanan.
Annie and Dollie were children of Buena Childers and A.D. Ledford. Annie's brother Dave married Dorothy Ollis.
May be same tree....Did your A.D. Ledford marry Buena Childers and after her death,a woman whose name I think was to Donie?
Do you have a Rube, Jess, Nora, or Mary Ledford. Mary Ledford married Roby Burleson and had two children Ed and Hobert. Mary previously had another child named Hattie.

The only Ollis have is the Dorothy,who married Dave Ledford. Don't currently have a Boston Ollis in the fam tree.

A.D. Buchann

LauraCowan (View posts)
Edited: 22 Jun 2005 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan
I have Ade Buchanan that married Dolly Ledford with child A.D.Buchanan. Does Peggy Ward fit into your Ward line - daughter of William Ward. Does that Ollis tie to Boston Ollis?

Buchanan,Ward,Ollis

fklein (View posts)
Surnames: Buchanan, Ward, Ollis
Our family tree includes a Virgil Buchanan who married unknown. Do not know Arron, Fonzer or Russell Buchanan. Could have been brothers?

Dave Ledford Married Dorothy Ollis. Dave's brothers were Jess, Stokes, & Rube. Dave and Dorothy had one son, Dave Jr.
Dave's father was A.D. and Mother was Buena Childers.

Don't know if this is the same tree.

Buchanan Family

LauraCowan (View posts)
Edited: 22 Jun 2005 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Buchanan, Ward, Thomas
I am interested in your Buchanan, Ward, and Ollis information. The line I am interested goes back to Arron Buchanan followed by Russell Buchanan and eventually down to Fonzer Buchanan that married Belle Thomas.

Ledford/Buchanan

Beth Buchanan Davis (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2004 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Ledford
In looking through all this stuff, I found a post-it note from Norma that says her two cousins, Darrell Ledford (Leroy's brother) & Arlie Wolf put this geneology together. I'm sure Leroy has a copy and probably more information as well -
Beth

Ledford/Buchanan

Surnames: Ledford, Buchanan
Mitchell, Co. NC: This list shows:
Jess Ledford - 7/25/1910 - 10/6/1983
Dona Maggie Buchanan - 4/23/1907 - 11/18/1981
they were married - 7/8/1933
their children are:
Ted Roland
Darrell Roger - 1/31/1936
Bruce Randal - 9/13/1941
Jess Leroy - 5/25/1947
I have 18 pages of this, all linking to Joseph Buchanan. I'd be happy to copy it & mail it to you - just let me know your address.
Also - Leroy writes for the Mitchell News-Journal. His email is: lrl@mtnpro.com
website is: www.mtnpro.com

If I'm not mistaken, he & his wife, Sue, live in the old Ledford homeplace at White Oaks.
I'm going to Spruce Pine/Bakersville this weekend & will check.

Beth Buchanan Davis

Ledford/Buchanan

fonnie klein (View posts)
Surnames: Ledford
Mitchell County, NC: Is there a Lillie Ledford associated as child of Donie also? Would be glad to receive a copy of Norma Buchanan info. Which Mitchell County Newspaper does LeRoy write for? Thank you for the response.

Ledford Family

Surnames: Ledford, Buchanan
In response to your Mitchell County Query concerning the Ledford and Buchanan families:
I know Donie Mama Ledford's son, LeRoy. He writes a weekly column for the Mitchell Co. newspaper called "Donie Mama's Back Porch"
Leroy's family goes back to Joseph Buchanan - b. 1767, d. after 1850, married to Sarah Jones - b. May 2, 1772 in Virginia, d. after 1840.
I got this information from my great aunt, Norma McCoury Buchanan. I have several pages, written in 'long-hand'
Will be happy to send you a copy.

LEDFORD-CANECREEK BAPTIST CEMETARY

F KLEIN (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LEDFORD
Looking for address/phone number for Mitchell County Family Cemetary. Believe name is Canecreek Baptist Church Cemetary in area of Bakersville, NC (used to be Hawk, NC). Grandmother,Mary Ledford, buried there 1934. Mary's great grandmother's name was Polly Ledford, she may be buried there also.Response will be appreciated..

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions