Search for content in message boards

Joseph Elkins

Joseph Elkins

Tim Owens (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 1999 10:24AM GMT
Researching line of Joseph Elkins born April 1826 in TN. His parents are from NC. He shows up in Dickenson Co., VA in 1900 census.Wife is listed as Margaret born April 1860 in TN, she was 40 and he was 74, which means she may be a second wife. Her parents are fr. TN. Children are Dora Bell, Edna, also possible Emily Mary. Dora Bell married Alfred Agustus Ball. in Nora VA.
He is thought to be Cherokee.

Elkins

Teresa Hinds (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2000 7:02PM GMT
I am not for sure but a lot of your info matches alittle of mine, They only think is
My ggg grandfather Meredith Elkins 1860 census in Campbell Co. TN. is 34 yrs says he was born in NC. and his Children are
Louisa, Emely,J, Joseph, David (gg grandfather), Jessee, Sarah, Susan.
I know my dates are are older but I that they might come in some where.
The spellings are like the census.
Please e-mail me, jshinds@wbtv.net

Emily Elkins

BarbaraHeard549 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2001 4:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eklins, Ricketts, Wyatt, King, Goodell/Goodale, St. John, Wright, Waltham
Hello Tim,
I hope you are still out there after posting a message here almost 2 years ago.
I am looking for birth place of, siblings of, and parents of Emmaline (Emily) Elkins, b. 15 April 1847, either MO or VA (WVA). She married Henry L. Ricketts 7 Jan 1864 in MO. She died 9 Oct. 1901 in Grundy county, MO.
Do you know anything about my Emily?
Thank you for your time. Barbara Heard

Re: Joseph Elkins

bobbiemullins1954 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2011 1:41PM GMT
alfred augustus ball parents were james harvey ball and mary jane blair they had several childern alfred was my greatgrandfather who married dora belle elkins she died in 1928 or 29 and he married again. mary jane blair's father was jacob blair and mcclanahan and jacob blair and margret peggy walker jacob blair and cherokee buckskin not sure but was told native american. alfred's had a sister name laura ball silcox and lorenzo dow ball married mary polly yates. i have their pictures posted under ancestry.com under mullins barbaraferrante. thanks any info would be wonderful have hit dead ends on james joseph elkins and armistead armstead elkins. bobbie mullins ferrante

Re: Joseph Elkins

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2013 2:50PM GMT
Hey,
Do you have a picture of Alfred Augustus and Dora. I have some friends that are related to them and I'm trying to find a picture of Gus and Dora for them. Any help would be appreciated. You can contact me back at sandihook55@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions