Search for content in message boards

Looking for any Taylor Orphan Asylum Records 1900-1930

Looking for any Taylor Orphan Asylum Records 1900-1930

17thdragonfly (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2005 5:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arensbach
Looking for any kind records or any kind of knowledge on 3 Arensbach /children siblings: Victor, Haral & "Bunny" from 1900-1930 in the Taylor Orphan Asylum. (I am almost 95% sure of Haral, but I don't know "Bunny's" real name, but she was born in Racine, WI & was raised in the Taylor Orphan Asylum.) Their parents' names were Marinus Arensbach & Anna Nelson & were missionaries.

Any kind of help would be greatly appriciated!

Re: Looking for any Taylor Orphan Asylum Records 1900-1930

Roden1947 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2005 11:11AM GMT
I have found a Elenora Arensbach, born 1906 and a Haral Arensbach, born 1903 both in Racine, WI. I was born and raised in Racine and still live quite close to the city. I will be making a trip to UW Parkside in the near future. Let me know if you have found the info you need. I'm sure there would be a way to get at the old orphanage records.
Linda

Cathy Levis (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2006 5:31AM GMT
Taylor Home,
All records were supposed to be given to the Racine Historical
Society when the Home/School closed in September of 2005.

grimsrud (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2009 6:21PM GMT
One collection of Taylor Orphan Asylum records, 1867-1943 (Call# Racine Series 40; acquisitioned in 1973), is now owned by the Wisconsin Historical Society, but is held at their Area Research Center at the UW-Parkside Library in Kenosha. See www.uwp.edu/departments/library/archives/ for contact info. Apparently this collection does not include records on all resident children, but only "for some years, lists of directors and resident children." But it might be worth checking this collection if other records aren't at the Racine County Historical Society.

Sannidal (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2010 5:06PM GMT

Victor and Eleanore is in the Bethany Home, Racine in 1920, born in Nova Scotia, danish parents. Harold E is in Sunny Rest Sanatorium, Mount Pleasant, birthplace Wisconsin

ARENSBACH. VICTOR
1511 Maple Street. Age 42. Passed away in St Mary' Hospital January 26, following a short illness. Mr. Arensbach was born in Racine Sep 12, 1909, and had lived here his entire life. He was an assembler at the Young Radiator Co.
Surviving are a son Jack and daughter Jill of Zion, Illinois, one brother Haral of Boston, Mass, two sisters, Mrs Agnes Christiansen of Racine and Eleanor Arensbach of Racine. Also two nephews and one niece.
He was a member of Hoy Communion Lutheran Church and Local 37 C.I.O. Funeral services will be held Tuesday at 2 p. m. in Christiansen's Chapel. 1650 Washincton Ave., the Rev. Kenneth A. Hurst officiating. Interment will be in Graceland Cemetery. Friends may call at the Christiansens Chapel this evening. 28 Jan 1952
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions