Search for content in message boards

From Quebec to Northern New York

From Quebec to Northern New York

Curt Bissonette (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bissonette, Boisvert, Bussieres, LaFontaine
Please e-mail me about any info you have about these families that moved from Quebec Province to the State of New York. E-mail: cbissta@aol.com. Thanks.

Boisvert web page site

labine (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2001 12:28AM GMT
Surnames: Boisvert
There is a web page for the Boisvert family and it is located at http://pages.infinit.net/boisvert/ . Hope that this helps you.

Lafountaine

drivers58 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 7:44PM GMT
Surnames: Lafountaine
I am looking for Mary Elizabeth Gordon duaghter of Frank and Margret Brensell Gordon who married in the Williamstown area that was where Mary was born in 1867 she married Peter Lafountain who was born Dannemora New York death certificate state PQ Canada

bissonette

Maude St.Denis (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: bissonette
I don't have information to help you, however, my grandmother's maiden name was bissonette. Her first name was Maude and she was born in Malone, NY 12/1900, her father's name was Jewell or Jude Bissonette born around 1875

Re: From Quebec to Northern New York

symbliene (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2002 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: LaFontaine
Jean Baptiste LaFontaine (b. Oct 1872) emigrated from Canada to the US in 1890. He married Ethel LePine in 1897, and was living in Rutland Vermont in the 1900 & 1910 censuses. In 1920 he drops off the Census records that I can find, but his youngest son, Donald Robert (b. 23 Dec. 1913, m. 1938, d. 11 April 1996) was living in Glens Falls, Warren County, NY.

Jean Baptiste's known children are:

Joseph A. LaFountain
Edward A. LaFountain
Edith A LaFountain
Arthur LaFontaine
Donald Robert LaFontaine

Donald Robert LaFontaine was my grandfather.

symbliene (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2002 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: LaFontaine
Jean Baptiste LaFontaine (b. Oct 1872) emigrated from Canada to the US in 1890. He married Ethel LePine in 1897, and was living in Rutland Vermont in the 1900 & 1910 censuses. In 1920 he drops off the Census records that I can find, but his youngest son, Donald Robert (b. 23 Dec. 1913, m. 1938, d. 11 April 1996) was living in Glens Falls, Warren County, NY.

Jean Baptiste's known children are:

Joseph A. LaFountain
Edward A. LaFountain
Edith A LaFountain
Arthur LaFontaine
Donald Robert LaFontaine

Donald Robert LaFontaine was my grandfather.

Re: Lafountaine

jarleigan (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2006 4:11PM GMT
It's been about 7 years since your message, so I'm not sure who will respond! There is a possibility that the Mary you are looking for is in my line. I have a Mary from Canada who married a Peter Lafountain from NY, with a son Edward Lafountain born about 1905 in Vermont. I haven't been able to confirm any of that, but it's what I have to work with.

bisnett_argerakis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2013 9:27AM GMT
Surnames: Bisnett, Bissonnette, Beauvias
My name is Mary Theresa Bisnett Howard Argerakis (2 marriages) my Father was Alfred Lawrence Bisnett, His Father Was Joseph(*NMN)Bisnett born in Vermont, His parents were Joseph Bissonnette and Celine Beauvias Constant (her 2nd marriage) I do not know if he was married more then once. They were from Quebec. Check out a great site called Francoamericangravy.com- it tells of many family lines that came from Quebec to Cohoes, NY. A very interesting blog by a great lady named Marybeth.

pVanSchoyck (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2013 12:42PM GMT
Hey, thanks for the link!

Here is my family. I don't have much. They have been very hard to sort out:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~marionfami...
My g-g grandmother Elizabeth Bisnette married Louis Marion

BarbaraDeMase (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2013 12:01AM GMT
I am Barbara Bisnett De Mase originally from Cohoes, NY. Your grandfather Joseph Bissonnette (born in Vermont) and my grandfather Alfred Bissonnette (born in Cohoes, NY) were brothers so that makes us 2nd cousins. I have traced the Bissonnettes back to when they came to Quebec from France. If you would like to have any of this information, feel free to email me I live in Charlotte, NC
bdemase@carolina.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions