Search for content in message boards

Book: "Forging Our Families"

Book: "Forging Our Families"

Robert Bonner (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 5:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RUTLAND-ASKEW-BONNER-CHAPPELL
Would like to have a copy of book "Forging Our Families" written in 1998 (or more recent issue) by Helen M. Camp and Judy Leonard. RUTLAND/ASKEW/BONNER/CHAPPELL connections. I am researching these families for my Family Tree. I am a direct descendant of WILLIAM BONNER & NANCY CHAPPELL.

JOHN WILLIAM BONNER was born 1781 in Martin Brandon's Parrish, Prince George Co, VA, and died May 08, 1852 in Wehadkee, Troup Co. GA. He married NANCY CHAPPELL April 27, 1809 in Home of John Chappell Sr.Hancock Co. GA, daughter of JOHN CHAPPELL and SARA HEATH. She was born 1791 in Washington Co. GA, and died May 26, 1852 in Troup Co. GA [Wehadkee Creek].

Child of William & Nancy Bonner:
SUSAN WILLIAMSON BONNER, b. August 21, 1813, Commissioner Creek, Jones, GA; d. November 30, 1887, Chambers Co. AL.

SUSAN WILLIAMSON BONNER was born August 21, 1813 in Commissioner Creek, Jones, GA, and died November 30, 1887 in Chambers Co. AL. She married JAMES RUTLAND December 23, 1831, son of REDDICK RUTLAND and DOROTHY SMITH. He was born September 13, 1806 in Orangesburg, SC, and died July 10, 1892 in Chambers Co. AL.
I would appreciate any information you can provide on these families or acquiring the
book.

Re: Book: "Forging Our Families"

Loretta (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2002 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Rutland/Smith
Robert,

What do you have on Reddick Rutland married Dorothy Smith? I am looking for Asa Rutland, believed to have been born 1780-1795 time frame and probably from Orangeburgh SC. Asa is first found by name in Pike Co, MS when he signed a petition, 1813, to have the county divided. I have been unable to trace him.

Could Asa have been a brother to Reddick? His oldest son was William R and we have no idea what the "R" stood for.

ANY help appreciated

Loretta
Monticello, MS

Gail Geno (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2006 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Rutland, Culver, Dudley,Stovall, Stephens
Loretta,
My memory is going and since I am in GA I cannot access my stuff at home, I am lost. "R" could stand for Reddick or Rainey. James Rainey Reddick (or vise versa) Rutland was married to Dorothy Smith. My Watson was their son who married Mary Ann Estes from Troup Co., GA. Their first child b. 1836, was named Asa. He is the one who went to TX after the Civil War and started the Rutland family there. He was James Garland Rutland's grandfather. You remember James was Dorothy Rutland's (Longview, TX) husband.
I know we connect someplace.
Gail

Robert Bonner (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2006 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Bonner, Sloan, McPherson, Lyle
I have a Rutland file with notes.

Generation No. 1

1. REDDICK2 RUTLAND (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1746 in Bertie Co. NC, and died September 02, 1826 in Spartanburg Co. SC. He married DOROTHY SMITH.

Children of REDDICK RUTLAND and DOROTHY SMITH are:
i. WATSON3 RUTLAND.
ii. BLAKE RUTLAND.
2. iii. JAMES RUTLAND, b. October 13, 1806, Orangesburg, SC; d. July 10, 1892, Chambers Co. AL.

Generation No. 2

2. JAMES3 RUTLAND (REDDICK2, JOHN1) was born October 13, 1806 in Orangesburg, SC, and died July 10, 1892 in Chambers Co. AL. He married SUSAN WILLIAMSON BONNER December 23, 1831, daughter of WILLIAM BONNER and NANCY CHAPPELL. She was born August 21, 1813 in Commissioner Creek, Jones, GA, and died November 30, 1887 in Chambers Co. AL.

Email me direct: rfbonner@hotmail.com

JudyLeonard38 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2010 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Rutland
We sold out years ago but are in the process of re-print and updating our Forging our Families.
Judy Leonard
PRL418@bellsouth.net

CenFlaJeanie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2010 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Rutland
Judy,

Does your book contain any information on Cullen Rutland of Orangeburgh District, SC? And, if so, would you be able to notify the list when your book will be available again?

Thank you,
Jeanie McCully

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 2:42AM GMT
No but occasionally I wonder it we need to broaden our work to "straighten" out all the cousins/brothers/etc. We are updating the RUTLAND, BONNER, CHAPPEL and ASKEWS.
Thanks for asking.
Judy Leonard

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 5:38PM GMT
Am co-aurhtor of FORGING OUR FAMILIES. Working on update.
No Asa mentioned in Reddick RUTLAND md. Dorothy SMITH's will (Spartanburg County SC 1821). 1st Asa I find in the line is s/o Watson RUTLAND md. Mary Jane ESTES and g.s/o above Reddick. There were several RUTLAND males in NC 1700s. They all moved south and west. How they were related I haven't determined. Am pretty much sticking to Reddick above who md. Jermima HORTON and Dorothy SMITH.
Judy Leonard

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 5:40PM GMT
Gail,
I am co-aurthor of FOrging Our Families and descendant of Reddick RUTLAND and 2nd wife Dorothy SMITH. My g.uncle wrote hundreds of letters between 1920-late 1940 collectiong information on Rutlands. Would love to connect with post 1950 information on Texas Rutlands.
Judy Leonard

10hughes (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2013 3:58PM GMT
have reddick rutland's will ,it only says his wife's name was dorothy, son william,, son john,,daughter batsey,,son james,,son watson,,daughter charity and son blake,,,then it goes on to say i give to my son roddick rutland jr.and another daughter racney robertson thats all the children and his wife
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions