Search for content in message boards

Sidney Kemp of Cedar Key, FL

Sidney Kemp of Cedar Key, FL

judielynn14 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2008 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kemp
Looking for any information. He died May 31, 1905 in Cedar Key, FL. His wife was Mary (maiden name unknown), she remarried 'ODUM" and moved to Dona Vista, FL (Lake CO), they had five (5) children and after he died, the children were released to Children's Home Society. I have info on the children, but nothing more on Sidney or Mary. Would appreciate any info
Judielynn14@yahoo.com
Thank you
Judie Serode

Re: Sidney Kemp of Cedar Key, FL

judielynn14 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2009 7:36PM GMT
any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dor2Tyme (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2009 7:06PM GMT
Do you have more information on this Sidney Kemp?
I saw one in the Hernando, Florida 1900 census born 1858, listed as a widow with children Mariam - 7, Williametta - 3, Aler = 10 months

Do you have your Sidney and Mary in a census?

judielynn14 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2009 2:02PM GMT
No I got as far as my great-grandmother and the info I have for her I got from the children's home society. They list her father as Sidney Kemp who died, old and feeble (their words) and wife Mary, who remarried someone (last name?) Odum and moved to 'Vista', FL so the children were placed in the care of Children's Home Society. That is all I know on Sidney and wife Mary

Dor2Tyme (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2009 12:48PM GMT
Have you gotten a death certificate for Sidney Kemp?
It is in Volume 9 certificate number 1340. That might give you some clues. They are only five dollars.Do you know his place of burial?

Dor2Tyme (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2009 1:17PM GMT
I am trying to get this straight in my head. Did Sidney Kemp and Mary Gore have the five kids or Mary Gore Kemp and Odum?
Was it after Kemp or Odum's death that they kids were put in the children's home?
If Kemp's death, were the five children left with him when Mary married the Odum?
Do you have marriage or divorce records for any of them?

What are the children's names?
I will go back though my records and see if I can see anything that might give some clues.

I wonder if the place she moved could have been Buena Vista in Orange county. There were several Gore families and their relatives in Orange County.

judielynn14 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2009 1:44PM GMT
yes Sidney and Mary had five hcildren. I don't know about Mary and Jw Odum (someone yesterday gave me info on him - they are listed in the 1930 census) It was after Kemps death and either at the time or right before Mary's remarriage, did the children go to the home (I have that documented) - I do not have marriage or divorce records for Sidney or Mary.
Susan (my g-grandmother)
Emma
Rebecca
Elizabeth
Willie
Thru the info that was given to me yesterday, they had her listed in POLK co in 1930 and died in LEVY Co....I also was given the info that Mary's parents were John and and Emma Richburg. Thank you

Dor2Tyme (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2009 7:10PM GMT
I would like to also compare information with the person giving you other information.

As far as Sidney Kemp. I am thinking his name was CAMP not KEMP. My reasoning is there is a marriage record for J W Odum and Mrs. Mary Camp in Levy County Sunday, November 04, 1906 .
There is a marriage record in Levy for Sidney L Camp and Mary Gore, 5 March 1891.

I am trying to determine which daughter of John P and Emma is Mary. The date of birth you give for her is throwing me off.
This is indeed my husband's line I am researching.
John P and Emma Richburg Gore had a daughter named Marietta but according to the census data she was born in 1872. She is not listed in the 1870 (As she should have been if she was born 1868) census but she is listed as a 12 year old in the 1885 census.

judielynn14 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2009 11:45AM GMT
I will email you the info I have which states KEMP
thanks

judielynn14 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2013 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Kemp, Odum
Just checking to see if you were able to find any more info about sidney since 2009...I have not; I try for a while then give up. This is really frustrating! All the info I have is what I sent you back then - Sidney was my g-great grandfather and I have info on his and Mary's children (before she remarried ODUM) - I haven't done any search on that line since they would be related to me as well, thru Mary. Also Sidney & Mary's daughter Susan J. (Susie) was my g-grandmother; she sort of 'fell off the face of the earth' after about 1940 when her and Wilbur Davis divorced (there are all kinds of documents about their relationship in the newspapers back in the 1920's where Wilbur's father was murdered and never found out who it was but it was believed to be Susie's family or friends who had it done...) very colorful that part....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions