Search for content in message boards

Estate of Mary Ann Sloan, wife of Alexander Sloan, who died in 1870.

Estate of Mary Ann Sloan, wife of Alexander Sloan, who died in 1870.

Sam Sloan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2004 6:36PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Sloan
Here is a copy of a document I recently obtained from the files of the New York Surrogate's Court. This document appoints Alexander Sloan as the administrator of the estate of his wife, Mary Ann Sloan, who died in 1870.

I am searching for a volunteer to type and post this and other Sloan documents I obtained from the New York Surrogate's Court.

I am unable to find any reference to this Alexander Sloan or to this Mary Ann Sloan in the databases.

Sam Sloan
Attachments:

Re: Transcription of Mary Ann Sloan/Alexander Sloan court document

TheSloanGuy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2004 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 8 May 2006 6:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hutchings, Sloan
from scanned photocopy of 'fill in the blank' form to appoint administrator for person that d. intestate:

29 July 1870, Liber 95, pg. 43 Bond book 143:
The People of the State of New York:
To 'O Alexander Sloan of Hudson City New Jersey, husband of Mary Ann Sloan late of said city'
Send Greetings:
Whereas: 'said Mary Ann Sloan' lately departed this life intestate (not, inserted) being at a immediately previous to 'her' death an inhabitant of the County of New York [but leaving a?uncle? therein, inserted] by means whereof the ordering and granting Administration of all and singular the good, chattels, and credits whereof the said intestate died possessed in the State of New York, and also the auditing, allowing, and final discharging the account thereof, doth appertain unto as; and we, being desirous that the goods, chattels, and credits of the said intestate may be well and faithfully administered, applied, and disposed of, do grant unto you, the said 'Alexander Sloan' full power, by these presents, to administer and faithfully dispose of all and singular the said goods, chattels, and credits; to ask, demand, recover, and receive the debts which unto the said intestate, whilst living, and at the time of 'her' death did belong; and to pay the debts which the said intestate did owe, as far as such goods, chattels and credits will thereunto extend, and the law require; hereby requiring you to make, or cause to be made a true and perfect Inventory of all and singular the goods, chattels, and credits of the said intestate, within a reasonable time, and return a duplicate to our surrogate of the County of New York, within three months from the date of these presents; and, if further personal property or assets of any kind not mentioned in any Inventory that shall have been so made, shall come to your possession or knowledge, to make or cause to be made, in like manner, a true and perfect Inventory thereof, and return the same within two months after the discovery thereof, and also to render a just and true account of administration, when thereunto required; and we do, by these presents, depute, constitute, and appoint you, the said 'Alexander Sloan' administrator of all and singular the goods, chattels, and credits of the said 'Mary Ann Sloan' desceased.
In Testimony Whereof, we have caused the Seal of Office of the Surrogate of said County to be hereunto affixed. Witness, Robert C. Hutchings, Surrogate of said County, at the City of New York, the 29th day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and seventy - 'blank' (and of our Independence the ninety, lined out)
signed Robert C. Hutchings
Surrogate

Transcribed by Frank Mitchell
Visit "The Sloan Connection" at
http://www.sloanconnection.com/

Re: Estate of Mary Ann Sloan, wife of Alexander Sloan, who died in 1870.

Sam Sloan (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2004 7:54PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Sloan
I have found some old cases in the New York Supreme Court involving people named Sloan. Somebody could go to the court and pull the files to find out more about these people.

Here is one of the cases:

Mary A. Sloan vs. Maximillian O. Luttgen, 17 April 1868 LJ
1868 L-64

I believe that this is the same as Mary Ann Sloan, wife of Alexander Sloan, who died in 1870.

Sam Sloan

PRISM (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2007 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am very interested in the court documents regarding Mary Ann Sloan vs. Maximillian O Luttgen. Maximillian O Luttgen was my husband's great great grandfather.

We live in Minnesota and there is no chance in this lifetime that we will have the opportunity to personally check out this court document.

Can you give me any further information about it?

Thanks for your help. Please email me directly at mchaney514@yahoo.com

Marlene
St Cloud, MN

KJohnson0349 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2009 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Sam:

If you presently have any documents that need typing I would be more than happy to assist you. I am the great grand daughter of James T. Sloan from Simpson County, Ky.

Sincerely
Kathy Johnson
Kthjohnson@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions