Search for content in message boards

My grandfather

My grandfather

ErinRamsey (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1999 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2003 6:08AM GMT
I am looking for any information re: K.C. Ramsey and any relatives. His father was Barltett Evan Ramsey, and he was born between 1900 and 1914, either in Louisiana or Mississippi. Thanks

Ramsey`s of Miss.

Grace Miller Long (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 4:36PM GMT
Two Ramsey`s on my list were William Ramsey Sr.(Not to be cofused with his ancestor Sir William Ramsey) and his brother Samuel Ramsey.They came to Miss.in 1808 , for William. Check the records for Meckenburg County North Carolina, Jasper County Georgia, Georgia records show that in 1805 Noah had the first draw of land in Columbia County and William Sr. draws in Oglethorpe County. But with the opening of the Miss. territory, new cotton land and new adventure beckoned.

Ramsey`s of Miss.

Grace Miller Long (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 4:36PM GMT
Two Ramsey`s on my list were William Ramsey Sr.(Not to be cofused with his ancestor Sir William Ramsey) and his brother Samuel Ramsey.They came to Miss.in 1808 , for William. Check the records for Meckenburg County North Carolina, Jasper County Georgia, Georgia records show that in 1805 Noah had the first draw of land in Columbia County and William Sr. draws in Oglethorpe County. But with the opening of the Miss. territory, new cotton land and new adventure beckoned.

Ramsey Cherokee Co., Ks.

Ramsay/ Ramsey (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 8:07AM GMT
Seeking George Ramsay born abt, 1837 in
Scotland , arrived US 1865 and in Cherokee
County, Ks. by 1870. Also showing birth in
Scotland and applying for citizenship the
same day is John Ramsey...
Info needed

James George Ramsey b around 1840s

Justin Ramsey (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 10:36AM GMT
I think we may have something here. I'm looking for more information on two Ramsey brothers: George John. I have George as being born on 5/26/1840 and died on 6/29/1914. He married Lucy Emma Elkins. George had other siblings that I know of: Hannah, James, Martha. Let me know if ya think we have something here.

George - James Ramsay

Ramsay (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 11:43AM GMT
Justin,
My info is coming from a will, see if this
might fit any of your names, etc.
John Ramsay/Ramsey b. 1820 Scotland and
died 1874 Cherokee County, Ks. and was married
to Anne ________ born 1804 Scotland.
(This is where I am stuck at present with
John and Anne Ramsay.
Known children: James Ramsay b. 1836 Scotland
md. Mary Spallden
George Ramsay b. Nov. 1837 md.
Emily Goldsberry and George died 12-19-1909
and is buried in Springfield , Mo.
David M. Ramsay born March 1840 Scotland
and md. Victoria Chenoweth
Anna Ramsay born Canada abt. 1852 and md.
Harry Revell.

Do you have any info on any of these members?

Re: George - James Ramsay

Justin (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2005 4:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think we may have a match here. I have a William T. Ramsey b. 1884. I'm trying to bridge the gap I have as to who his father was... I'm at justinramsey@gmail.com

Re: My grandfather

JHendrickson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2007 10:54AM GMT
Erin,

I'm the Ramsey DNA Project Coordinator and if you’re interested in learning more about your Ramsey heritage we encourage you to visit our web site http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ramsey/indexDNA.htm.... You can view our latest Ramsey DNA results by clicking on the scrolling Results Marque and please also find the link for a "Free" evaluation.

I can tell you through DNA testing I found immediately 2 other major Ramsey families that matched my Ramsey family and in just a little over 3 years now we're a group of 15 major Ramsey families.

I would encourage you to take advantage of this free offer and also pass along this correspondence to your Ramsey family.

Regards,

John Hendrickson
Ramsey / Ramsay DNA Project Coordinator
jdhknoxtn@aol.com

Re: George - James Ramsay

Posted: 9 Aug 2008 12:33PM GMT
Justin,

I'm the Ramsay / Ramsey DNA Project Coordinator and I've looked at your postings and if you’re interested in solving these questions about these Ramsey, James George Ramsay / William T Ramsey I would encourage you to visit our web site http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ramsey/indexDNA.htm.... You can view our latest Ramsey DNA results by clicking on the scrolling Results Marque and please also find the link for a "Free" evaluation and information about joining our Ramsay DNA family.

I can tell you through DNA testing I found immediately 2 other major Ramsey families that matched my Ramsey family and in just about 4 years now we're a group of 17 major Ramsey families.

I would encourage you to take advantage of this free offer and also pass along this correspondence to your Ramsey family.

Drop me an email and I'll be glad to answer your questions.

Regards,

John Hendrickson
Ramsey / Ramsay DNA Project Coordinator (Volunteer)
jdhknoxtn@aol.com
You can view our latest Ramsey DNA results by clicking on the scrolling Results Marque at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ramsey/indexDNA.htm...

Re: My grandfather

Posted: 9 Aug 2008 12:39PM GMT
Erin,

I'm the Ramsay / Ramsey DNA Project Coordinator and could your Barltett Even Ramsey be Bartlett Even Ramsey?
I have a Bartlett Ramsey father died in MS.
If you’re interested in learning more about your Ramsey heritage we encourage you to visit our web site http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ramsey/indexDNA.htm.... You can view our latest Ramsey DNA results by clicking on the scrolling Results Marque and please also find the link for a "Free" evaluation and information about joining our Ramsay DNA family.

I can tell you through DNA testing I found immediately 2 other major Ramsey families that matched my Ramsey family and in just about 4 years now we're a group of 17 major Ramsey families.

Drop me an email and I'll be glad to answer your questions.

Regards,

John Hendrickson
Ramsey / Ramsay DNA Project Coordinator (Volunteer)
jdhknoxtn@aol.com
You can view our latest Ramsey DNA results by clicking on the scrolling Results Marque at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ramsey/indexDNA.htm...

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions