Search for content in message boards

ROTHWELL

ROTHWELL

Burnie Reynaert (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2001 8:08PM GMT
My great-grandfather was a Rothwell. I do not know his origin. He died in Quebec, Canada c 1900-1910. He was a captain of a ship. Not able to find any records. Would like to know the origin of surname Rothwell.Thank You, Burnie

/Town of Rothwell

Rothwell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:51AM GMT
I have the crest with information of the
Family Name contact me at brian.rothwell@sympatico.ca

Re: /Town of Rothwell

Nancy Rothwell/Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2005 12:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
HI, MY NAME IS NANCY ROTHWELL BOYD. MY FAMILY IS RELATIVES ARE FROM ENGLAND. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE MINERS IN ROTHWELL, AND THAT THE TOWN WAS NAMED AFTER THEM, NOT SURE IF TRUE. MY GREAT GRANDFATHER'S NAME WAS ROWLAND, HE CAME TO AMERICA IN BETWEEN 1895 AND 1903, MY GREAT AUNT AND UNCLES (HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN), CAME OVER IN 1904 OR 1905, THE PAPER STATES THEY LANDED IN BOSTON IN AUG OF 1905. I WOULD LOVE TO GET A BOOK ON THE ROTHWELLS, HOW WOULD I DO THIS. THANK YOU, NANCY B. ROTHWELL BOYD. MY E-MAIL IS FALLRIVERGRANDMA03@MSN.COM

thegenealogysleuth (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2005 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Rothwell
There are or were four Rothwell place names in England. Do you know which one you have in mind?

I don't know what Rothwell Book you are referring to. The only one I am aware of is the one on the descendants of Claiborne Rothwell who was born in America in 1740.

spiritualangel60 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2005 12:09PM GMT
I am not sure of which town they came from. I was told they were miners, and that they owned mines. I am not sure of all facts. I am trying (with no avail yet), to do a family tree through these web sites. I do not know how to do this, or where to start lol. I don't have my paper work here with me, i will find out and get back to you, but I do know my Great Grandfather name was Rowland, he came here before my Great Grandmother, and there 5 children. My Great Grandmother came arrived here on August 1905, so the paper states, but I was told 1904. That might be when she left England. The ship manafest states 1905. I will look it up, and get back to you. Thank You so much for replying to my message, every little bit helps me.

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 12:53PM GMT
Ok, here is the information that was given to me.
Great grandmother Annie Elizabeth Rothwell feb 28 1875
55 Albemarle st. boston, mass
811 beacon st boston, mass
Husband Rowland married oct 28th bootle st. johns parish England Lancaster, mass feb 22
Arrived in Portland maine 1905
Father Samuel Grealey m
Mother Annie davia born Liverpool
Roland 9/27/96 earlstown, England 5 Albemarle st. boston
Herbert 4/6/99 earlestown England no. dringeton, maine
Annie elizabeth may rothwell 4/15/02 Liverpool. England Russell st atlantic, mass
John 10/6/04 Liverpool, England 66 so. Huntington ave. boston
George 9/30/06 boston mass, 5 Albemarle st. boston
Steamship Cunard line 3rd cabin passenger

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Rothwell
When I posted 9/27/96 and 4/6/99 it ws meant for the year 19 or 1999 It is 1896 and 1899. Silly me. I was told there is a samuel Rothwell in my history, I have no idea where to check. ne of my Uncles mover out west (I think Ohio), I am not sure along with a couple of my other relatives who left Boston or New York and headed out seperate ways.

Re: ROTHWELL

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 1:47PM GMT
I am not sure yet how far my family has gone. I have one Aunt who is still alive but her memory is not well on this. My Grandmother died in 1974 and my Grandfather who is the Rothwell died in 1976 or 1977, (he was missing for a long time and we got the word of his death by phone), I was not into the family history till way later.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions