Search for content in message boards

Johannes Chronister the Immigrant

Johannes Chronister the Immigrant

DebraOverbey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 May 2005 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: Chronister Yoder
For many years I have been on a quest to identify the sources of information widely circulated regarding our immigrant ancestor, Johannes Chronister.

The earliest published information found so far is in "The Pennsylvania Dutchman," Vol., 1 No. 1, page 6. An article by Don Yoder, a Chronister descendant, entitled, Our Emigrant Forefathers, focused on Johannes Chronister and his family of Lancaster, York and Adams Co., PA.

This article appears to form the foundation of Gary Chronister's introduction in his compilation, "The Chronister Family." You may be able to order a copy of this article by interlibrary loan.

Re: Johannes Chronister the Immigrant

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 8:14AM GMT
Surnames: Chronister, Montgomery
I am interested in ordering a copy of the Pa. Dutchman: Our Emigrant Forefathers. Johannes b. 11-07-1708 is my 8th Great-Grandfather. I have them traced to Abraham Kranester b. 1580 in Wolfpassint, Austria. My Great-Great Grandfather is James Benjamin Chronister b. 9-16-1861, and his daughter, Myrtle b. 12-15-1903 is my Great-Grandmother. Her husband is George Murry Montgomery b. 1-30-1898. Does anyone have any information past Abraham Chronister or George Montgomery ? You can write me at katieisabug@worldnet.att.net

suzy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2003 4:00AM GMT
Try to get the pennsylvania dutchmand thru interlibrary loan and my library for some reason could not find it and I was unable to get it. Can somebody make a copy it and send it to me?

JoyceBailey44 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 3:53PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2003 2:44PM GMT
If you have access to PERSI via ancestry.com or a Family History Center you can get a copy that way. That's how I got mine. It's a two page article.

suzy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 10:27PM GMT
I do not have access to PERSI and the Family History Center told me that they had The Pennsylvania Dutchman, but not the one I wanted. Maybe I wasn't clear enough with what I wanted.

suzy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 10:27PM GMT
I do not have access to PERSI and the Family History Center told me that they had The Pennsylvania Dutchman, but not the one I wanted. Maybe I wasn't clear enough with what I wanted.

jbgray30 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2011 1:31AM GMT
Hi my name is Becky Chronister and i believe we might have some relation down the line. I also was from the chronister line of adams, co. and Ohio, pen. I did happen to find a page from a boat ledger from germany. A ship came over to america bringing people from germany over. And on that page it showed Johannes chronister on there. And also if you wasnt aware of it. The "Chronister" name came from Kronister. When our family first came over from germany. but if you have any other info please let me know so we may beable to compare notes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions