Search for content in message boards

William Quail

William Quail

helenecioppa (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2009 3:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a William Quail born in 1840 in Maryland. I believe he married Annie Alexander and they had three children: Ula Zue Quail born 1876, Lyle Quail, born abt 1876 and Vere de Vere Quail, born 1878, who married Katie Wills Briggs in 1898. Does anyone have any information on this "William Quail". Thanks

Re: William Quail

ATCPAX (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2010 12:27AM GMT
Hi, I was wondering if you ever found any info on William Quails? His daughter Ula Zue married John F. James who is in my family tree. The Quail family have some unusual names and I was wondering if you know what there background was?

Thanks Lyla

Re: William Quail

helenecioppa (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2010 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Quail
Hi Lyla. I'm afraid I'm not having much luck finding information on William. I believe he may have been an orphan. I believe he was born in 1840 in Maryland. His father was born in Germany and his mother in the US. He married Annie Alexander in 1887. Annie was born in 1852 in Pa. Her parents were George Alexander and Jane Sharp and they were both born in Maryland.

William and Annie had three children: Ula Zue or Aljulama born in 1877 and married Fred James. I did not know his full name was John Fred James. Other children were Lyle Quail born in 1875. Lyle married Lilliam Bade Bode. Other son was Vere de Vere Quail, born in 1878, (my grandfather) who married Katie Wills Briggs in 1899 in Wilmington, Delaware. I believe William and a brother John, born in 1838 and a sister, Margaret, born in 1843. Please let me know if you find any addition info and I will do the same.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions