Search for content in message boards

Switzerland ancestors

Switzerland ancestors

Pierre Locher (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RISCH, WISSER, SCHILDKNECHT, MERGY, RAEBER, CHRISTEN, AUER, WEBER, BORNER, ENGEL, PFISTER, GERMANN, SCHMIDLIN, AULE
A part of my ancestors come from Switzerland.I am french from Alsace near Switzerland.Thank you for any information about surnames listed above.

Pierre Locher

Weber

Gaye Freckleton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEBER
Im am in Australia and have relatives named Weber who came here in the 1800's the only information I have is that they were born in Berne Abraham 1834/5 Jacob I do not know
both married inVictoria Australia

Pierre Locher CH query

James I. Mergy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mergy, Weber
SWISS ANCESTOR. Mergy from Mandach, Canton Aargau, CH migrated to Mulhouse in middle 1500s probably due to religion (They were Catholic). Name was spelled Maerki, Merky, Mergi depending on whether the scribe was Catholic or Luthern and his education. Most settled in Illzac, Dornach, Grentzingen, Seine-et-Oise, & Mulhouse. I have records from 1570 from Arthur Mergy. Anna Barbara Mergy(1725) married Johannea Weber & had child Johannes Weber (17 Aug 1753.

MERGY ancestors

Pierre Locher (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MERGY
Thank you for your informations about MERGY ancestors. I am sorry, but I lieve near Paris and can' not find the telephone book from Schwarzwald (Germany). I would ask my mother in East from France.

Best regards.

Pierre Locher

wisser surname

cindy pierson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: wisser
my father was gerald wisser,his fathger was charles wisser married karen jacobsen, his father was chris wisser

ENGEL/PARGÄTZY

Sherrie Bargatze (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: ENGEL, PARG�TZI, VON WALD, PATT
Margaretha Engel,5th grandmother of Lang-wis(Long Meadow) Grisons married Christian Pargätzy of Luen 1766. Looking for Engel ancestors who possibly moved into the Biel area. My Pargätzi/Engel ancetors immigrated to East Tenn in 1846. All above names originate in the Grisons and later relocated throughout Switzerland.

Engel family from Biel,Switzerland

cj_houk (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Engel, Beidermann
My g-grandfather Frederick (Fritz) Engel immigrated to Wisconsin from Switzerland in the early 1900's. His family
is from the city of Biel (Bienne), Bern, Switzerland. His father was Jacob Engel and his mother was Anna Marie Ruchti. They stayed in Switzerland. At one time Frederick lived in the village of Sonvieller, Bern, Switzerland.

Auer

Nancy Comdohr (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Auer from Canton of Schaffhausen
My g-grandfather John G. Auer was born around 1840. Came to Alma, Wi around 1867. Was a carpenter and furniture maker. Wife name Barbara Moser. Both were from Switzerland as were there parents.

Raeber

Alan Krauss (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: RAEBER
One Raeber family who came to America 1883 (Kentucky Swiss colony in Laurel Co.) was from Canton Bern, Neiderpipp, in the NW corner of the Canton. There are one or two others probably from same area.

Re: Auer

CharlesAuer500 (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2002 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2004 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Auer
Nancy, my gggrandfather came to the U.S. from Switzerland sometime in the 1840's. He ended up in St. Louis, MO for the 1860 census but I don't know where he was before and who his father, mother, brother or sisters are. His name was John Jacob Auer, born September 19, 1825 in Ober Hallau, Canton Sohaffous, Switzerland. Any connection to yours? Have you ever run across any information that might be a connection? Just thought I would check with someone else who might have a connection. Please let me know if there is any connection. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions