Search for content in message boards

CCC Camps in Montana

CCC Camps in Montana

peggy9561 (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2010 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for which camp my father was at while in Montana. All I have is a black and white photo of the tent camp in a clearing surrounded by tall trees, and just wrote montana on the back.

He was from NYC so I guess that he where he was sent.
I found tons of information on this board and will send for the records of CCC and his military medals history. It's a shame they did not want to talk of that time especially after WWII but I understand it.

Look forward to any help and responses.
Peggy

Re: CCC Camps in Montana

profpuzzle (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2010 2:40AM GMT
Hi Peggy - I saw your note about Montana CCC and wanted to share with you my interest. My father, Louis Agresti, from Syracuse NY went to Montana when he was about 18 years old in 1933. I do not know how long he was there or where his camp was located. I also have one pix of him at camp.

I'll look for it and scan it for you if you care to receive it.

Dave Agresti
profpuzzle@msn.com
Tampa, Fl

Maryann Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2012 3:59PM GMT
You can request the CCC record of your father under the freedom of information act. Here's a link with information on how to do that.

http://www.ccclegacy.org/research.htm#additional%20informati...

connierichards46 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2013 5:40PM GMT
My Dad also served in the CCC camps in Montana. He was at the Blackfoot reservation in Browning, Montana. I have a picture of him in front of a sign stating where he was. I would like to know more about his time there as my parents were divorced when I was a child.

peggy9561 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2013 6:34AM GMT
My dad was at Camp Packer's Meadow, near the trail of Lewis and Clarke. I too have a photo with tents surrounded by pine trees. I'm on my way to getting his records; but I would also love to get the camp newspaper. lol

connierichards46 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2013 2:41PM GMT
Thanks for your reply.

seskiff1 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2013 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Laverty
I have a picture of a CCCCamp dated 7/23/1936. I believe my father is in this picture, but would love to find proof that he was indeed there, also when & how long. It also says on the picture: CCCCo. #3228; Camp-P-48; Camp Bridgehead; Coram, MT. I also have a picture taken at Camp Daniel Boone; CCCCo. 1262; T.V.A.-17-Arthur Tenn.;July 1934
Are there personnel records out there that show the names of the people who were at these camps?

peggy9561 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2013 6:18AM GMT
Yes there are records. Go to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA.gov) and they will help you out. Also, here on ancestry if you do a search for Civilian Conservation Corps you will find an entire wealth of information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions