Search for content in message boards

rufus white

rufus white

Paula Schwein (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2006 2:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Daniels
II am looking for information on my great grandfather Rufus White; he lived in Boyd County Kentucky and was married to Elizabeth . He had a son. Gaylord and a daughter Edna. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Paula

Re: rufus white

AMAlt-Giunta (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2010 11:41PM GMT
Paula, are you still out there?

I have a Rufus White in Boyd Co, but his wife is Nancy Marshall. However they did have a son Rufus. Maybe his wife was Elizabeth. Do you have any dates?

Anna

tlv56 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2011 8:01PM GMT
I have been searching for family history on Gaylord White. I do believe that Rufus Jr. is his father. Gaylord was my grandfather. Please reply with any info on Rufus White Boyd county KY.

tlv56 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2011 8:02PM GMT
I have been searching for family history on Gaylord White. I do believe that Rufus Jr. is his father. Gaylord was my grandfather. Please reply with any info on Rufus White Boyd county KY.

Gladys Gardner (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2011 11:27AM GMT
Hello fellow researchers. I, too, have been researching the family of Rufus White. I will have information to share with both of you when I return next week. You may both contact me directly at kb6znr@sbcglobal.net if you wish.

It is nice to meet another 'cousin'.

Gladys Nelson Gardner

Posted: 31 Oct 2011 6:31PM GMT
I have several Rufus White's in my database. First one is Rufus C.B. White, born Mar 1834, Next one is rufus 1865, his sister was Mary Elizabeth White who was my Grandmother. Next Rufus was born 1907. I do not know if he is still living or not. His wife was Elsie unknown.

Do you have any dates on your Rufus?

Gladys Gardner
kb6znr@sbcglobal.net

tlv56 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2011 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: White
Rufus born March 1834 and his wife Nancy born 1826. His son Rufus Jr. born 1866. In the 1900 census it lists Gaylord as a grandson living with them. Gaylord was born abt. 1891 and I am thinking that Rufus Jr. is Gaylord's father. The census shows that Rufus Jr. is a widower. Thanks.

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 3:07PM GMT
Good morning. I looked at the 1900 census again, and you are correct, he is listed as the grandson, and Rufus is listed as his FATHER. Again, you are correct, it does list Rufus Jr. as a widower. I have rufus' children as Gaylord, Rufus E., and Frank P. White.

What else can I help you with? Do you have an online tree? I have one but it is not complete. I have a more complete tree on my home computer.

You can reach me directly at kb6znr@sbcglobal.net

Gladys nelson Gardner

dixonsmith1990 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2012 6:19PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 23 Oct 2012 11:06AM GMT

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 7:44AM GMT
HI Russ. I saw your posting here and thought I would add a ps in case someone else is looking for Rufus, etc. I posted a reply to the very old posting about the White line you e-mail me about but just got a reply. (Joseph White/Matilda Frazier). Anna Guinta is out of town but will respond and the other researcher is interested. I will keep you informed. I have only Mae/May Jeffries listed as rufus' wife.

Gladys Gardner
kb6znr@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions