Search for content in message boards

GREEN / HENSON Family Line

GREEN / HENSON Family Line

lithajameson1 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Apr 2003 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: MILLS / GREEN / HENSON / JAMESON
A while back I posted a remark looking for information on an Edward Henson, however, I have recently learned that this is incorrect. I am now looking for any information regarding the family history of one Thomas Allen Henson and also any information regarding his wife's family history. Her name was Gracie Lee Green. Any information is very appreciated. Please note that I already have some history on Gracie Lee Green concerning her mother's side, which was Mills. I would like more info concerning her paternal side, which was GRAPHEN GREEN. I have no information concerning Thomas Allen Henson's family.

Re: GREEN / HENSON Family Line

housecanary (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2007 10:39AM GMT
Surnames: Green, Hughes, Bray,Mills
Dr Graphen H Green married Caroline M Hughes, Bray 1869 in Clark Ark. Their childern Brittana Green 1870, Ark, Rhoda, Matilda A, Lora, Dovie, Graphen H Green Jr. abt 1881. The family moves to Okla (Ind. Terr.] in 1880's G H Green Jr marries Ada Mills

Re: GREEN Family Line

swells6130 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2007 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Green/Brown
Brittanna Green is my GGrandmother, she was born 24 Feb 1870 in Clark Co., AR and died 10 Feb 1937 in Shawnee, OK. She married James William Brown b 19 Mar 1865, in Oct 1887. They had numerous children, please contact me if you are interested in that info. What I'm looking for is Dr. Graphen Green b. 1824, his parents? From census I've found that he was born in NC. I actually live in NC and cannot find then, do you have any info on them?

Thank you

housecanary1 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2007 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Green, Hughes, Brown
It is so good to find you. Britanna Green Brown is the half-sister of my greatgrandmother Mary Caswell Bray Fields. At find-a-grave you will find Britanna & her husbands' tombstones in Shawnee, Pottawatomie Co., Okla. All I know about her father Graphen Green is from what I was told by the elders of the family. Mary & Britanna's mother was Caroline Matilda Hughes she marries my 2xgreatgrandfather Caswel Bray 17 Dec 1857 in Clark Co., Ark; they have 3 childern Wm Stokes Bray, a daughter?, & my greatgrandmother, Mary Cawell Bray(12 Dec 1862)she never sees him; he dies in a prisoner-of-war camp in the Civil War. Caroline Hughes Bray marries Graphen H Green 25 Apr 1869in Clark Co., Ark, Mary is 6 yrs old & Britanna is born the following year 1870. you can find the family in the 1880 Fed Census in Hartford, Sebastian Co., Ark ( the name is spelled Greene. I have a document written by Mary Caswell Bray Fields in the 1920's she is in her 60's telling this story most of it is about her marriage to my ggrandfather Wm. H Fields & the births of their childern but it does tell of her parents migration to Indian Terr (OK) I always knew Graphen was a dotor & census confirms that. I would love to share infromation.

housecanary1 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2008 12:50PM GMT
Great to find you; we share common ancestors, I tried to reply back & must have wrote too much & got an err in sending...would like to share info.....Nancy

swells6130 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2008 2:31PM GMT
You can contact me at swells6130@aol.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: GREEN / HENSON Family Line

lahoma35 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:18AM GMT
Boy - I just ran across your post. My maiden name was Jameson, my mother was Ada and Marion Graphen Green's granddaughter and her mother was Gracie Lee Green her father was Thomas Allen Henson, My mom was Lorene Henson and my dad was Chester Jameson. Maybe we can compare notes sometime.

lahoma35 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:28AM GMT
Graphen Holt Green was my great great grandfather. I have heard he was a Dr. but could never find anything to verify this. Could you let me know what you have on this. Thank you

thopkins157 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2012 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Green, Hughes, Bray
Hi...Check the 1880 Census Hartford, Sebastian Co., Arkansas, Graphen has down his occupation as a doctor and In the Country Doctors of Sebastian County, Arkansas he is listed as a doctor and I have a document from his military during Civil War listing his occupation as doctor...there are other relatives that state this such as his wife Caroline Hughs Bray Green, first son, William Stokes Bray have this on family info on his Tombstone. I am descendant of Mary Caswel Bray, 1st daughter of wife Caroline Hughes she left a document wrote in her 60's abt 1926 stating this

lahoma35 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2012 3:02AM GMT
Could someone tell me where Graphen Holt Green and his wife Caroling are buried? I had a letter from a lady about 20 years ago who was researching Graphen Holt Green. She said she could not find where he went to school or anything. Evidently she had seen the census. I was trying to locate Marion Graphen Green at the time and could not help her. I am now in touch with Marion Graphen Green's granddaughter. If I can be of help to some one - let me know. This grand daughter is from his 2nd marriage. And there may be a third with more children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions