Search for content in message boards

Peter Hendrickson/ Hendriksen

Peter Hendrickson/ Hendriksen

csleverette_1 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2010 1:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hendrickson Hendriksen, Benson
I'm trying to find a Peter Hendrickson who lived in Emmetsberg during 1908. He was born in 1854 in Norway and had 5 children - Fred, Carl, Emil, Roy, and a girl. They may not have been born in Iowa since he lived in WI at least until the 1880 census. His wife was Gunda Benson at one time; she is the mother of at least 1 of the children. There is a Pater E. Hendrickson buried in Evergreen Cemetery with a matching birth year; he dies in 1931. Can someone lookup his obit so I can see if he's the right Peter? Are there any other Hendricksons buried near him?? There should still be relatives in the area...please help!Thank you so much...I can do a Georgia favor in return =)

Re: Peter Hendrickson/ Hendriksen

dicktague58 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2010 9:57PM GMT
Have you contacted the cemetery to narrow down the death date? You can then request an obit search from the Emmetsburg library. Dick

SANDRA K WEBER (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2010 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Hendrickson, Knutson, Benson
This information was also in the Palo Alto Tribune on Nov. 11.

The Reporter
Nov. 12, 1931
Peter Henderson Passes to Reward
Peter E. Henderson, an old resident of our city, died in his home Thursday evening, Nov. 5th at 9:30. His funeral was held Sunday afternoon at 2:45 at the home and 3:00 at the Lutheran church. Rev. M.C. Thompson, pastor of the church, officiated. He was buried in Evergreen Cemetery. The pall bearers were: T.F. Rutledge, J.I. Hobson, Bert Salven, Melvin Church, Ole Gjerde and Sam Torkelson.
(Note: Rev. Thompson was pastor of Bethany Lutheran Church)

Obituary
(Contributed)
Peter E. Hendrickson was born in Halle, Norway, Dec. 7, 1854. He was baptized, instructed and confirmed in the State Lutheran church of Norway. Shortly after his confirmation his parents made plans to come to America, but his father was taken suddenly sick and died just before they left Norway. The brave mother carried out the plans, and she and her family and a married son and his family started for America. The plans were to make the trip in six weeks, but adverse winds and bad weather kept them on the high seas for eight weeks. These many trials were most trying and were most trying and were too much for Mrs. Hendrickson and the son's little girl and they died shortly before reaching our shores. Peter often spoke how sad it was to see her hurled in a watery grave. They finally landed in New York and from there went to an uncle in Wisconsin.
In 1876 he was married to Miss Julia Benson and they continued living near New Richmond, Wisconsin. In 1887 Mrs. Hendrickson died, leaving him with three boys, Emil, Carl and Julius. A short time after her death he and his family came to Estherville, Iowa.
In 1889 he was married to Miss Carrie Knutson at Estherville. They remained in Estherville till 1891 when they came to Emmetsburg where he has lived the remaining years of his life. He had been sick and confined to his home for almost four years, at times very sick, but each time recovered up until about three weeks ago when he was taken very ill and gradually became worse, sinking until the end came. He slept peacefully away Thursday evening, Nov, 5th at 9:30 being 76 years, 11 months old.
He leaves to mourn his death his widow, one daughter, Mrs. Adeline Shepperd, Jackson, Minn.; five sons, Emil and Carl, New Richmond, Wis., Julius, Sioux Falls, S.D., Fred, St. Paul, Minn., Ray, Muscatine, Iowa; 23 grandchildren and three great grandchildren and many relatives and friends. Blessed be his memory.

Card of Thanks
We wish to thank all those who so kindly assisted us at the time of the death of our husband and father and to express our gratitude for the beautiful floral offerings--Mrs. Peter E. Henderson, Fred A. Henderson and family, Roy L. Henderson and wife, Addie Pearl Shepard and family, Emil Hendrickson and family, Carl. F. Henderson and family.

NOTE: The two different spellings of the surname.
I am not a descendant of this family.
If you would like to see the actual information in a PDF format, please e-mail me direct and I will send it.
marana@tds.net

If you would like me to check on any other articles of the descendants please let me know.

SANDRA K WEBER (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2010 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: Hendrickson
Emil is buried in the New Richmond, Wisconsin Cemetery. He died at age 64 years 6 months and 18 days on May 2, 1943.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions