Benjamin Kaster

Benjamin Kaster

Norma (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kaster, Coons, Maban, Heath, Johnson, Stevens, Drake, Bane
PA - Mercer Co. - Hickory Twp.
War of 1812
Federal Census, Mercer Co., PA; 1860: Dw 1091 fam 1046.
NewsCaster, Sep. 1986. Settled in Hickory Twp. 1803.
Lived in Mercer Co., PA. October News-Caster. Never drank coffee, tea, or alcohol.
Married
1. Orpha Heath, Abt. 1800
2. Catherine Bane, 10 June 1843, Trumbull Co., OH.
Benjamin
b. 20 September 1778, PA?
d. 06 December 1870, Hickory Twp., Mercer Co., PA
Catherine Bane was the widow of Andrew Seburn, m. 28 December 1832, Trumbull Co., OH. He d, March 1835, Trumbull Co., OH.

His daughter Margaret "Peggy" KASTER m. Daniel Stambaugh, 14 June 1836.
Daniel Stambaugh, Justice of the Peace. Performed marriage of Joseph Custer, II & Nancy Drake, 18 August 1861, Pymatuning Twp., Sharon, Mercer Co., PA.

The record was found in Civil War Pension file of Nancy Drake Custer.
Marriage certificate in Pension file. Squire Daniel Stambaugh, Justice of the Peace. (affadavit). Widow's claim for Army Pension: #39846.
Joseph Custer was my gr grandfather's youngest brother.
Marriage - Joseph Custer & Nancy Drake, 18 Aug 1861, This is to certify that on the eighteenth day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty one before me, Daniel Stambaugh, one of the justices in and for the county of Mercer,...

==================
Benjamin Castor,
b. c1741, Berks County, PA
d. Bef. 28 January 1826, (Union Twp.?), Washington Co., PA
m. Ruth Thompson Abt. 1760.
Abt. 1776 he arrived and settled 15 miles south of Pittsburg. Ben served in the Frontier Rangers 1776-1778. He was appointed Constable in 1778.

PA - Allegheny Co. - 4 miles East of Finleyville, PA., The Colony of VA granted Ben 350 acres. This grant was revoked when the boundary dispute between VA & PA was settled in PA's favor.
PA then granted Ben 333 acres Sept. 15, 1784, which he called Custard's Delight. This is now located in Allegheny Co., 4 miles East of Finleyville, PA.
Ben was a farmer and a cattle drover. He was also a wood carver and made fine furniture and violins.
In 1797 Ben and Ruth sold Custard's Delight to their son-in-law Sampson PIERSOL.

Benjamin Kaster

Cindy Yarnell Motter (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kaster, Mabam, Coon, Downs
Looking for information on Benjamin Kaster, listed as a Revolutionary War veteran in Mercer Co. history volume. He came to Hickory Twp. (Hermitage Twp.?) in 1802. His will lists wife, Catherine, children Anna married a Coon, Phebe married a Downs, Henry Benjamin, Sampson (Samuel), Sealy, and Thomas. He is buried in Moorfield Cemetery, Hermitage Twp., Mercer Co. His son, Samuel, moved to Crawford Co., PA in 1820. He married Mary Mabam. I do not know if they were married when they moved from Mercer Co. Sealy married Mary Shilling. She died at age 31 and is buried in Moorfield Cemetery, Hermitage Twp. I am looking for information on Benjamin the original settler, Anna Coon, Phebe Downs, and any other of the Kaster descendants.

genalogy in mercer co/trumbull co

A_Osinchak (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON, HUNTER
I have a James Galway Thompson who married Polly Hunter. He is supposed to be a native of Mercer Co., PA. And Polly is supposed to be a native of Lawrence Co., PA. The reason I'm posting this message is because I saw in your data a Ruth Thompson in 1760. James Galway named a daughter Ruth born about 1843/1852 in PA. Also, his son Ezekiel Thompson was born in Poland, Trumbull Co., Ohio in 1841. Any chance you are familiar with this family? Write me: fmlylnk@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions