Search for content in message boards

Ray's Ferry

Ray's Ferry

Dale Ray (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2002 3:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ray
Has anyone heard of Ray's Ferry? Apparently it was operated by Reuben Ray and family across Bayou Boeuf between 1815 and 1820.

Re: Ray's Ferry

husie (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2002 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Ray, McDaniel
Reuben RAY received confirmation of his land Claim in 1812.
Claim No. 570, containing roughly 640 American acres, being in Spanish measure, 20 arpents fronting on Bayou Boeuf by 40 arpents the usual depth, bounded below by land belonging to the Heirs of Peter McDaniel and vacant lands. This is where he was residing when the 1820 U. S. Census was taken for Avoyelles Parish, La.

Dale Ray (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2002 2:59AM GMT
Houston:

Thanks for the information on Reuben Ray and Rays' Ferry in Avoyelles Parish.

Dale

vanzyle (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2002 9:34PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2002 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Ray,Dixon,Perkins,Everett
I have been off the net for a few months . I am searching for Reuben Rays permit to run the ferry or any thing at all on Rays ferry.
I came across a copy of a patent dated July 2nd 1900.Filed for record.Please e-mail me at vanzyle@msn.com.
My G-grandfather was George Washington Ray,my G,Gfather
was Reuben Ray. These papers are recorded in Louisiana Vol.137.page 535 If you would like I will mail you a copy of the papers. Please e-mail your address to me.
greetings Ryea van Zyl

Dale Ray (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2002 12:29AM GMT
Hello Ryea:

Thanks for answering my inquiry on Ray's Ferry. I have also been searching for quite some time for archived documents relating to Ray's Ferry in Avoyelles Parish. So far I have found nothing. I am interested in what patent you may have dated 1900.

Like you, my great, great grandfather was Reuben Ray. My Great Grandfather was Adam Ray, brother of George Washington Ray.

I have various documents relating to Reuben Ray and his land purchases. I would be glad to share them with you .

Thanks

Dale Ray
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions