Search for content in message boards

DEAN -Stafford, England

DEAN -Stafford, England

trsch (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2000 1:46PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 9:07PM GMT
Looking for any connections to John Dean b 1822 Stafford England m 9 Oct 1843 to Jane Pritchard of Stamford Bridge, England

Deans in Stafford

Jane Easter (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2000 5:31AM GMT
Hi,

I've just started with the DEAN line in my family. I don't have the people you are looking for I have, William DEAN b. ca. 1847 married to Joyce ? children, Elizabeth, Asenath, William and Samuel. Father and daughter Asenath emigrated to the US. Elizabeth is my G-grandmother she was married in Brockmore but I think she was born in Kingswinford.

If I come across anything that might interest you I'll let you know.

Regards,

Jane Easter

Dean

trsch (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2000 6:18AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 9:07PM GMT
Thank you, look forward to hearing from you.
Would be glad to share my info with you when it connects.

Deans-KY>USA

RRamsden2947 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 4:45PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 5:52AM GMT
I'm also looking for Dean's. I don't know much,my ggrandfather was Alford Dean he married Josephine(Crail)Dean. They had two daughters Margaret and Rachel Dean (my grandmother she died when she was 31). Rachel Dean married Frank P. Kammerer. I would love to learn more. If you could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
Roxanne

DEAN family

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 9:48AM GMT
Hello:

I was wondering if you have a John DEAN born cir 1776 in England. He married a Nancy KING. It is family legend that he came to the states with one of his brothers.... One of their children (born in GA, USA) was John Wesley DEAN b.16 Feb 1805. John Wesley DEAN married Mary E. Culpepper and the family moved to AL.

Nicole

Dean

Birdie Dean Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 3:16PM GMT
I do not have any of your dean's but I am thinking maybe you have some of mine. Mine are from Ga and AL. ggrandfather James (Jim) Buchanan Dean m. Ruth Kilgore they had 3 children James Odell, Fred Carl (my grandfather)and Maud Dean. the thing is I have no idea how everyone came back to Ga. then I saw your post and thought maybe cause of the culpepper's, There are a whole lot of Culpepper's here in Columbia County, Ga.

Deen/Dean relatives

SEAbraham (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 5:01PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 5:17AM GMT
Do you know where in GA John Wesley DEAN was born? There is a Dean/Deen (spelling varies, depending on the source) family that ended up in Madison Co., GA in the early 1800's, with a family member named Thomas Wesley Deen/Dean; his parents may have been immigrants. The middle name is what makes me think they may be related, if it's the right area of GA, as families often used the same(family) names. Another Dean family that later married into this Deen line, was in AL and later in GA. Some think they are related, but it's not proved yet, the Dean/Deen name is pretty common.

John Wesley DEAN

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 8:55PM GMT
John Wesley DEAN was born 16 Feb 1805 somewhere in GA. He died 5 July 1879 in Clay Co AL. He also lived in Randolph Co AL. He had twelve children with Mary Elizabeth CULPEPPER. They were married 4 Feb 1827 in Monroe Co GA. She was born 31 July 1811 in Richland Dist SC. She died 30 May 1883 in Clay Co AL. John W. DEAN did have a brother Thomas Alsey DEAN b. 15 Jan 1852 in Louina, Randolph Co AL.

He also had an uncle, John Wesley DEAN (must be a "JR" as their father's name was also J.W. DEAN) that I assume was born in GA as the siblings before after he both were. Please let me know what you think. Thank you,

Nicole

Dean/Deen in GA

SEAbraham (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2001 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 5:17AM GMT
This is what I've learned from another Deen researcher: My Deen relations go back to a Shadrick Deen, born about 1745, possibly in NC, perhaps in Ireland. He had 7 children, including a son named Thomas Wesley Deen (Sr.), born abt 1775, and a son John Deen born abt 1810. This John Deen married an Elizabeth McEwen in Madison Co., GA. However, in the Jackson Co., GA 1809 Tax rolls listed on the USGenWeb site, there is a "Shadrick Deane" and a "John Deane". Likely the same Shadrick as my ancestor; could be a clue to your John Dean. I have lots of stuff on other Deen/Dean descendants, including an 1870's John Wesley Dean, but the first ones I mentioned are the ones that fit your time frame.

The info I have is subsequent to this in time, and is from a family bible transcription; it does not go any further back than Willis Deen, son of Thomas Wesley Deen Sr., and lists none of Willis' siblings, etc., only descendants. There is a later marriage with another Dean family, who's ancestors were in Conecuh Co., AL. Unknown if they were related anywhere else along the line.

In census family records, my Deen relatives keep the DEEN spelling, until the late 1870's, when it seems to change to DEAN. According to one query posting I saw on Jackson Co, GA queries, Shadrick Deen is even listed on one tax roll as Shadrick DEAL. So keep your eyes open for that, too.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Sharon

Mary Ellen Dean

elizabethmorris61 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 3:30PM GMT
Sharon Williams Abraham or others I am researching Mary Ellen Dean who married Edward Newton Day. Mary Ellen was born in the Oconee Co. Ga. area in 1877 she died in 1947 when her husband died in 1941 she moved to Winder Ga. and lived briefly with her sister Nancy Dean Cooper also a widow. Children were Jessie, Bill, Clayton, Clarence,Lois Day Foster and Irene died in '24in a car crash in Athens Clark co. area of Georgia. Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions