Search for content in message boards

Blackburn Family of Augusta Co. VA-TN-AL

Blackburn Family of Augusta Co. VA-TN-AL

JunePollard28 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 4:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Blackburn-Carney (Kearney or Kerney)
Seeking data on Blackburn Family of Augusta Co. Va especially John Blackburn of VA, TN and AL. Also, were there any Carney families in Augusta Co. VA in the l760's (which is the birth date of John Blackburn) or later in l700's?
June Carney Pollard, e-m: junesam@bellsouth.net - many thanks! Carney surname may also be spelled Kearney or Kerney!

Re: Blackburn Family of Augusta Co. VA-TN-AL

Bonnie McClintock (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2003 10:29PM GMT
Classification: Census
have a John A Blackburn married to Leia Caroline had 6 children where he was born ? but was in Tenn. in 1844 that is where his 1st born was born.

Cal_Blackburn (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2003 4:00AM GMT
I have the following:
John L.P. Blackburn born 1815 Columbia, Tenn.
son of Edward Blackburn born 29 May 1775 Augusta, Va.
and Martha Carney born 4 Apr. 1783 Davidson, Tenn.

John Blackburn born abt 1774 Augusta, Va. married
Lucy Carney on 29 Sept 1799

alien71121 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2011 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Blackburn

I have Native American Blackburns who married into my Cherokee Brown family. Rev. James Jackson Blackburn married into my Brown Cherokee ancestors.

Are your Blackburns related to any Browns or Native American Browns?

Rev. James Jackson Blackburn applied for[but was rejected]inclusion to the Guion Miller Rolls. Are your Blackburns related to Rev. James Jackson Blackburn?

Are your Blackburns[Blackburn ancestors]related to any Fishers or Native American Fishers? On Rev. James Jackson Blackburn's Guion Miller application, he states Robert Brown Sr.[b. 1758, Culpeper Co., VA.] was Robert Fisher before he changed his last name to Brown.

Robert Fisher/Brown had a brother named Pollard Brown[b. 1763, Culpeper Co., VA.]. Robert and Pollard Brown's mother was a Pollard. One of Robert Fisher/Brown Sr.'s sons, William Brown married a Mourning/Morning Smith[Cherokee]& anouther son of Robert's, Jesse Brown married Morning Smith's sister, Sarah Smith. Are you related to any of these people?

Marshall

alien71121@netzero.com

April Blackburn (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2012 8:34AM GMT
Surnames: Blackburn, Brown
Marshall, I have always been told that I have some Native American, specifically Cherokee, blood, through my Blackburn side. This has been stories told to my grandfather, father, and myself. (I have had trouble proving it though other than my dad has said he has seen a picture of a male relative standing next to a Native American in full ceremonial dress of her culture, possibly for the wedding.)

Based on how much Native American blood we have been told we have, I assume one of my ancestors married a full blooded Cherokee in the 1800s, and they were in the VA and TN area. Do you know of anyone from your Cherokee Brown family or the Blackburns about that time? My direct line contains:
Ambrose Jr. (1750 - 1820)
William Alfred (1788 - 1827)
William Jasper (1820 - 1899)
Jessie (1871 - 1942)

The only James Blackburn (1788-1841) in my family is Ambrose Jr.'s other son. But I don't have any other information on him other than his name.

I appreciate any info you could give me. Thanks.
-April

alien71121 (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2012 9:12AM GMT

Hi April, my Browns married into the Blackburn family, I believe, in the early 1800's. There are Guion Miller applications claiming my great X7 grandfather Robert Fisher Brown [b. 1759, Culpeper Co., VA.]to be Cherokee [I believe on his mother's side]. If I recall correctly, one of Robert's children married a Blackburn [Allen Blackburn line?]. Email me privately & I'll send you my Blackburn & Brown genealogy files and family spread sheets with all this information & more.

Marshall

alien71121@netzero.com

alien71121 (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2012 9:19AM GMT

April, as a matter of fact, one of the Guion Miller applications [James claimed through my Robert Fisher Brown Sr., claiming Robert was Cherokee] was submitted by Rev. James Jackson Blackburn. Email me privately & I'll send you the information.

Marshall

alien71121@netzero.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions