Search for content in message boards

Death of Jesse Allen Terrel 21 Jun 1845 Stokes County North Carolina

Death of Jesse Allen Terrel 21 Jun 1845 Stokes County North Carolina

Rhonda Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2008 2:38AM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Terrell, Ferrell
Information found at http://files.usgwarchives.org/nc/stokes/court/ferrel01.txt leads me to believe that Jesse Allen Terrell born 1830/1831 and found in the 1830 Stokes Co NC census as Jesse A. Terrell and found in 1840 same county as Allen Terrell died on 21 Jun 1845 according to the transcription at the above link.

The information also indicates to me that Jesse Allen Terrell was, in fact, a brother to Julius Terrell.

I have looked in Stokes County at various records for a Jesse A. Ferrell and Julius Ferrell and not found them so I believe these men mentioned in the link above to be the Terrell brothers.

Appreciate any comments on this theory.

I'm attempting to track down original images of the document transcribed at the link above. If anyone knows where it may be obtained, I'd appreciate a hint.

Rhonda Johnson

Re: Death of Jesse Allen Terrel 21 Jun 1845 Stokes County North Carolina

DonTerrill44 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2008 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
From my research Jesse Terrell (b. 1776 Halifax Co, Va.; d. 1852 Williamson Co, Tenn.) was the father of Julius B. Terrill (b. 1798 Halifax Co, Va.; d. 1880 Stokes Co, N.C.). Although I do not record a son names Jesse Allen Terrell, his death before the census of 1850 could have made him invisible to my research.

In the census of 1850 (Stokes Co), Jesse Sr. is living in Stokes Co proximity to Richard Cox and Alfred Terrill. From collateral information I know that Alfred R. Terrell (b. 1831) was the son of Allen and Nancy Terrell. Since Jesse Sr. was married to Nancy Ann Hill (b. 1786, d. 1850-1860), this would suggest that Alfred was their son and that Jesse Sr.’s full name was Jesse Allen Terrell (Sr.). Thus, in census records we are seeing two different Jesse Allen Terrells – Sr. and Jr.

Don C. Terrill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions