Search for content in message boards

Young Family from MD

Young Family from MD

amymajors38 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2008 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Young, Norris
Helping a friend look for family in or around Severna Park. Md. Looking for Robert Young. His sister is Bessie ( Young ) Norris from Randallstown, MD. Would like to connect with any relatives. Pleases email me if you know of them or have any information on them.

Thank you,
Amy

Re: Young Family from MD

boundsdavis1 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2008 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Young
My Grandmother was Mussette May Young from Howard Co.,Md. I can trace her family back to Nathan Young b.1771/6 married Priscilla Spurrier 7th Jun. 1796. Last listed 1850 Census,1860 wife listed as Head of House. Nathan always lived in the same area once Anne Arundel Co.,Md. then listed as Howard Dist. Anne Arundel Co.and about 1856 Howard Co. Their are few people looking for the Young family from Maryland. Are any related to a Johnson family? Hope this helps. Beverly

amymajors38 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2008 7:30PM GMT
Hi,
Let me contact my friend and I'll let you know.

Amy

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 12:31PM GMT
Thank You, Bev.

Posted: 11 Jun 2008 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Norris
You said your friend is lookind for the Norris family too? Ihave relatives in Harford Co.,Maryland who were Norris. My gr. gr. grandfather married a Norris and they were cousins, because his father married a Norris.In 1843 George W. Hunter m. Mary E. Norris Harford Co.,Md. His father married a Mary Norris from Pa. Look in the direction of Harford, Cecil counties in Md. and Pa. also in Harford Co. There are old graves for Young at Mountain Christian Church on Mountain Road Rt.#24 Harford Co.off 95.The belongs to the church now but there was a little Methodist church there. My gr. grandmother is buried there and the names caught my eye. Beverly Bounds Davis

PaSain (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2008 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Norris, Young
Severna Park MD - Anne Arundel County

Name: Bessie Norris
SSN: 215-30-1109
Last Residence: 21133 Randallstown, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
Born: 27 Oct 1894
Last Benefit: 21215 Baltimore, Baltimore City, Maryland, United States of America
Died: Jan 1980
State (Year) SSN issued: Maryland (Before 1951 )

1930; Census Place: Baltimore, Baltimore (Independent City), Maryland; Roll: 859; Page: 21A; Enumeration District: 243; Image: 630.0
Julius J Norris age 44 born in Maryland was 23 when he married, owned home valued 10,000 @ 2509 Garrison Blvd, parents from Maryland, city policeman
Bessie M Norris age 37 born in Maryland was 17 when she married, father from Maryland mother from Virginia

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917 - 1918
Name: Julius James Norris
City: Baltimore
County: Baltimore (Independent City)
State: Maryland
Birth Date: 29 Nov 1884
Race: White
Roll: 1684197
DraftBoard: 24
Policeman, N. E. Police Station, Ashland Ave & Durham St, Mrs. Bessie M Norris, 1015 Light Street, Baltimore nearest relative, 12 Sep 1918

Bessie M Norris parents were John and Jennie Harrison. Julius and Bessie M Norris were residing with the Harrison's in 1920 census in Baltimore.

Robert Young born 26 Mar 1887 died May 1985 last residence Severna Park
Robert Young born 18 Dec 1924 died Aug 1985 last residence Severna Park

You need to provide some vitals on these folks you seek information about.

Young board subscriber. Thank you.

amymajors38 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2008 5:01PM GMT
Thank you very much. I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Amy

amymajors38 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2008 5:03PM GMT
Thank you. I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Amy

amymajors38 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2008 2:39PM GMT
IVe talked to my friend and he should be contacting you.

Amy

amymajors38 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2008 2:47PM GMT
I've talked to my friend and he would like to talk with you. He said that Robert Young is his uncle. If you email me at amylmajors@yahoo.com I can give you his phone number.

Amy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions