Search for content in message boards

Patrick H. Maroney and descendants

Patrick H. Maroney and descendants

Linda M. Curtin (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2006 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks to Ancestry and the Worcester Telegraph I have been pretty successful in tracking the Worcester Maroneys down the line.

The problem continues to be the Boston branch which basically appears to be Patrick H. Although an older brother he was still alive in 1932 but he was probably quite old-in his 80s. To recap he was born in Ireland in May 1850, immigrated around 1868 and worked as a day laborer in the Boston area.

He married late -in 1890 to an Annie who was born in 1866 and immigrated around 1883. By 1900 they had been married 10 years and had -at that point 5 children-only four that I know of. Michael T born in September, 1893 (Michael would have been named for his paternal grandfather possibly Michael Maroney);Mary E born February, 1892; Annie born April 1895 ( considering Irish naming patterns chances are this come from ther mother's side of the famil) and Katie A born March, 1898. Again Irish naming patterns suggest this is another family name -we see Catherine in another branch.

I can not trace Elizabeth beyond 1870 when she was 24 working with another sister/cousin in a Boston home. More than likely she married. There seems to be a recurrence of the name O'Leary and one of the later obituaries suggest a cousin by the last name of Sullivan-possibly the Elizabeth branch.

Also I have found a Lucy Killeen which is the name of the Boston and Worcester Maroneys matricarch. IF-and this is a big IF this is the mother/grandmother it would be a breakthrough because she is listed as being born in Miltown, Malbay, Co. Clare. The problem is this-the only child listed is Thomas. Lucy appears to have had a large number of children in a twenty five year space and there are breaks she could have had a Thomas and heaven only knows how many other children.

This is also important in another line-the Curtins who are said to also have come from Co. Clare. Curtins exist in Miltown, Malbay, Co. Clare. Believe it or not I picked up a calendar with a Curtin owned establishment on the cover.

Although Michael J and Margaret A did not marry in this country it would be possible that the family's may have known each other in Ireland.

So if anyone has any information about any of these individuals I most certainly would appreciate any sharing you would be willing to do!

Re: Patrick H. Maroney and descendants

crystalLW24 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2009 5:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have no idea but my father is a Patrick G. Maroney and there are a few Maroney's in C.A. I am more aware of his mothers Heritage than his fathers he was however named after his father

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions