Search for content in message boards

BRICKER, CALVERT

BRICKER, CALVERT

Margaret Curley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find information about Ludwig BRICKER and his wife, Elizabeth CALVERT, who lived in Washington County, MD, in the late 18th century. Their daughter, Susannah BRICKER, was born 22Feb1785. I would appreciate any information about the family.

Bricker

Barb Malloure (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bricker, Calbert
I have an article I found on Ludwig Bricker and Elizabeth Calvert. Says Ludwig was b 1754 Germany d 22 Oct 1815. He and Elizabeth were married ca 1776 in Maryland, this article is taken from Fayette Facts, Vol 26, No 1 (Ohio). I'm trying to connect my ancesters to Ludwig or his brothers, but my notes says my Brickers came from Switzerland to Maryland. Moved to Ohio around 1800.

BRICKER

Gary Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BRICKER, CALVERT, LEWIS
I HAVE SUSANNAH BRICKER, DAUGHTER OF LUDWIG AND ELIZABETH CALVERT BRICKER AS HAVING MARRIED JOHN GEORGE LEWIS (LOOS) FIRST BORN SON OF JOHN (JOHANNES LOOS) AND ELIZABETH HUFFMAN LEWIS AFTER BRIEFLY SETTLED IN WASHINGTON COUNTY MD. IN THE HAGARSTOWN AREA. THERE WAS A SIZABLE GERMAN COMMUNITY IN THE AREA. SEVERAL MEMBERS OF THE BRICKER FAMILY RELOCATED TO KNOX COUNTY IN THE OHIO TERRITORY ABT. 1792-3. LUDWIG AND WIFE DID NOT.
WASHINGTON CTY. PA. DEED BOOK 1-1 P.536 SHOWS LUDWIG HAVING PURCHASED LAND FROM DANIEL AND AGNES ARNOLD ON 7 MAR 1793.
KNOX COUNTY OHIO HISTORY INDICATES THAT LUDWIG SERVED IN THE AMER. REV.

GREENE COUNTY PA.DEED BOOK 7 PG 31 LISTS LUDWIG'S CHILDREN AS: RACHEL, SOLOMON, ELIZABETH, LEWIS,JULIANA, ELIZABETH( ANOTHER)
GEORGE, CATHERINE, PETER AND SUSANNAH

Re: BRICKER, CALVERT

Linda Riley (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2001 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Bricker/ Colvert
Ludwig Bricker m. Elizabeth Colvert.....Ludwig B.about 1754 in Hollan Germany.D. 10/22/1815 Green Co. Pa. no dates on Elizabeth. Their children, Solomon, John, Jacob, Susanna, Catherine, George, Elizabeth, Lewis Ludwig, B.1790. Rachel, Julianne, Peter.B.1784., David, B. 1799.

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2003 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2003 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Calvert, Bricker
I am a descendant of Ludwig Bricker and Elizabeth Calvert (?) through their daughter Susannah Bricker who married John GEORGE Lewis. I have verified/documented my line from them. I plan a trip to Baltimore and surrounding area in the near future. I am trying to verify if Elizabeth really was a Calvert (The Lords Baltimore.) Was her father John Calvert? Supposedly John Calvert disinherited Elizabeth when she, a Catholic, married a German Lutheran, and leased her property to the city of Baltimore for 99 years. Has anyone located this Will? Where did this info. come from? Did John Calvert and his family live in Green and/or Washington Co. PA after moving from the Baltimore area? Ludwig lived in the Baltimore/Hagerstown area and then moved to Green/Washington Co. PA. Ludwig owned 2,000 acres in beautiful and fertile Knox Co. OH, and he managed to get most (or all?) of his sons and daughters to move there in the late 1700 and early 1800's. Where were Elizabeth and Ludwig married? I have their marriage date as 1776. I have E's birthdate as 1755 and L's as 1754. Ludwig is buried in Horn Cemetery, Marianna, PA, and I believe Elizabeth moved to Knox Co. after his death to be with her children, where she died. I cannot locate her grave as it is probably unreadable. Some people believe Elizabeth's heirs are entitled to her inheritance. Did her father state in his Will that her inheritance would go to her heirs upon her death? It seems lots of people are looking for Elizabeth, but no one seems able to find concrete information on her. I would appreciate any help. Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Brickerland (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2013 6:52PM GMT

Brickerland (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2013 6:53PM GMT
sorry thats www.splencner.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions