Search for content in message boards

Lost Curl

Lost Curl

Janice Mercer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Curl, Hampton, Lane
Am looking for anyone who tell me anything about the Curl family. My grandmother Rosie Nell Curl(went by Nellie)b.1885,d.1960 abt. She married Alexander Hampton. b.1880,d.1933. They were married in 1900. Had 13 children. The ones I know of are. Lillian(she was in vaudeville(Hampton))Girkin,Bertha(Hampton)Vick,Thomas,Donald,Thelma. There are still 5 living that I know of.
Can anyone help me with this please.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Janice

CURL

Paul Curl (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Curl, Wright, Swift
Searching for information regarding Hallet S. Curl (my paternal great-grand-father) with origins in Perry, Iowa & Wilton, North Dakota, B May ??, 1865 ??, Indiana; died Dec 02, 1913, Wilton, North Dakota; son of Lucy Swift. Md Della M. Wright 1890's, daughter of D.C. Wright of Booneville, Iowa. Hallet had three children:
Paul F. Curl B May 05, 1898, Perry, IA; D Dec 22, 1970
(My paternal grand-father)
Lucy I Curl B ??? ??, 1901, Perry, IA
Horace Curl from previous marriage, lived in California.

CURL SEARCH

2dsdig13 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: CURL, STRATTON, HADLEY, WIRICK, WYRICK, WEIRICH
Working on husband's and daughters' CURL genealogy. Joseph (Sr.) CURL b. 03 JAN 1754, Chester Co. PA; Married Rebecca CURL (8 children) then died. He remarried Sarah Stratton 20 OCT 1794 in South River Monthly Meeting (Quaker)in Campbell, VA. Our line runs from their son, Joseph Stratton CURL b. 28 JULY 1797 in Lynchburg, VA. Moved to Ohio Territory early 1800's. Married 1st. Mary Hunt. Married 2nd. Zillah Gregg; Married 3rd Huldah Culver (Sometimes written as Colver)in Logan County, OHIO. Our line descends from their son, Harrison Curl and on etc. etc. BEST GENEALOGIST FOR CURLS IS WALLY CURL, PIERRE, SOUTH DAKOTA. If you want his e-mail, send an e-mail back to me and I'll have him contact you. Regards! J. Shook

CURL GENEAOLOGY

2dsdig13 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: CURL, STRATTON, HADLEY, WIRICK, WYRICK, WEIRICH
Working on husband's/daughters'CURL genealogy. Sounds as if your CURL line could related to the line of "THE" Curl Genealogy expert in the country: Wallace (Wally) Curl of Pierre, South Dakota. He is in my husband's CURL line. Ours begins with Joseph Curl b. 3 JAN 1754 Chester Co, PA. Married Rebecca CURL (8 children) then died; remarried Sarah Stratton on 20 OCT 1794 in Campbell CO. VA at South River Monthly Meeting (Quaker). They moved to Ohio in early 1800's--to Logan County, Ohio. We are descended from their son, Joseph Stratton Curl, b 28 JUL 1797 in Lynchburg, Campbell Co. VA. If you wish to contact Wally Curl, send an e-mail back to me, and I will have him contact you. Regards! J. Shook

Re: CURL GENEAOLOGY

teresa farrow (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2001 1:44AM GMT
Would you know anyone with info on supposedly twin brothers Earl and Pearl Curl of Ohio. In 1924 Pearl was married to Katherine Sprouse. They left two little girls Doris and Elma to be raised in orphanges. Last known address was in Cleveland Ohio. Thank you.

Re: CURL

marciacurl94 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 8:31PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2001 1:54PM GMT
paul I see your post is a little late, 3 years but I will try. I have information on Hallett curl. Horace was my Grandfather please e-mail me if you get this.. marcie

Donna Kentch (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2009 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Kentch, McNeill, Hodgin
My husband is also related to the Curl line through Wallace Curl and his mother who was a McNeill. Wallace was living in Pierre, SD and I lost touch with him. I'm assuming that he has passed away. On Ancestry.com today found a Curl tree that was submitted by Cathie Bonds using some of Curl's genealogy that he had compiled. Have you any Idea how I can get in touch with anyone wanting to share. We live in South Dakota, near Pierre. Donna Kentch

2dsdig13 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 12:25AM GMT
Wallace Curl is still alive and well and living in Pierre, S.D. If you send me your e-mail, I will give you his e-mail address. I don't feel comfortable just leaving it on the Ancestry.com site. Thanks for asking!

Donna Kentch (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 1:43AM GMT
Wow, I had no idea he was still alive. I should have looked harder. Thanks for helping. donna0491@q.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions