Search for content in message boards

Bumpass-Bumpus

Bumpass-Bumpus

kstevens1 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2002 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: Bumpass
Looking for information on William NELSON Bumpass.Born 1867.Went bye Nelson in the census.1910 shows married to Sue Jean.married 9 years, 5 kids 2 step.(2nd) in Ark. 1920 census shows married to Mary Williams(3RD),in Okla census.Need help finding parnets.Says he was born in Miss.Bye census.Father N.Carolina,Mother Mississippi. The spelling has changed from all sources I have.Even Death certif.

Re: Bumpass-Bumpus

Frank Bumpus (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 3:09AM GMT
Kim,
This could possibly be the Wm. Nelson Bumpass for which you are searching. In the 1870 DeSoto County Miss. census, page 307, post office Arcabutta, Lucy Bumpass and her son were enumerated with Lucy's mother, Rebecca Henderson. Nelson's age shows to be one year old in 1870 but many times the census ages are off one to two years. Rebecca Henderson was first married to Harvey Burford in Tate County Miss. After Harvey died, Rebecca married Simeon Henderson. Simeon had first married Mary Ann Burks and one of their children was James K. P. Henerson. James K.P. mother died around 1846 and his father, Simeon died in 1860.
James K. P. served in the Civil War being wounded twice but recovered and came back home to Miss. to farm. He married Lucy Ann Bumpass, widow on 16 Dec. 1874 in Tate County Miss. In 1875, James K. P., Lucy, and his stepson, Nelson Bumpass moved to Pulaski County Arkansas where they farmed. They were listed in 1880 Pulaski County Ark. census, Enumeration District 153, Sheet 11, line 50. It lists that Nelson's father was born in North Carolina and his mother in Tennessee. If you want the census information, let me know.
I don't know what Bumpass Lucy Ann Burford had first married.

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2002 2:50PM GMT
Frank,Thank you so much. I think you are right,everything kept sending me to DESoto,But I would get lost. I would love to have any thing you got.I love storys also.You can e-mail if you would like.This is a gold mine.Thank you so much for your time and if I can give you any information on Wm Nelson please just let me know.kstevens@bentonrea.com

Kim Stevens (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2003 3:30AM GMT
Hi Frank,
It's Kim again. I was wondering if you got to make your trip this fall and if you might have found anything on William Nelson Bumpas.I'm still trying to find his father.I have been out of the loop for a while but trying to get back into it.
Thanks Kim

MargaretWhite47 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2004 4:39AM GMT
I am looking for an Edgar F. Bumpass that married Linnie Smith in the early 1900's Linnie was from Benton Co. Ms. and I believe Edgar was kin to the Bumpass of Mt. Pleasant,Ms.
Any help would be greatly appreciated Margaret White
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions