Search for content in message boards

FRANK, KLEIN or (KLINE) or (CLINE), PLOCH, WEITZEL

FRANK, KLEIN or (KLINE) or (CLINE), PLOCH, WEITZEL

DaleKarenCannon (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2004 10:29PM GMT
Searching for info on families of Heinrich PLOCH and Henry KLEIN who left Carroll County for Oregon in 1852; Catherine WEITZEL; Henry KLEIN, Catherine's husband; Lucinda Porter KLEIN, Henry's daughter; George Michael FRANK, a pvt. in the 92nd Ill. Inf during the Civil War and Civil War prisoner, and Lucinda KLEIN's husband.

FRANK, FRANCK, KLEIN, PLOCH, or WEITZEL

Posted: 30 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
All my records show KLEIN with no reference to KLINE or CLINE. But who knows,the spelling might have been changed at some time. I believe the KLEINS came from Germany. They lived in Carroll County, Illinois, before Henry went to Oregon in 1852

KLINE

Terry Kuntz (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
could your henry kline have spelt his name cline????if so, do we need to coorespond!!!!!terry kuntz---mjfiore@linkline.com

Theresia Klein

kahlersmith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2006 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Klein, Koehler, Kohler
Theresia Klein married Johann Jost Koehler(Kohler) in Carroll County, Illinois, 2 December 1862. She was born 28 March 1843 in Illinois according to census records. The 1870 Carroll County census lists Catherine Klein, age 69, born in Germany,living with the Duncan Mackay family in Salem Township. Was she the mother of Theresia Klein? Johann Jost Koehler was my great-grandfathers brother and they came from Hessen, Germany.

Lovice Kline

moshergenweb (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Kline
Wilma,

Thanks for that information, I am transcribing the 1850 census and will fix Lovice's name...I can buy that spelling for the handwriting! So, it looks like her middle name was Theresa and she later went by that name. Have had lots of German families (including my ggrandfather) who ended up using a middle name later in life.

Bob

Theresia Klein

kahlersmith (View posts)
Edited: 3 Jan 2006 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Klein, Kline, Cline, Weitzel
Thanks, B. Mosher. Will check the entry in th 1850 Carroll County Census, Salem Twp. at first opportunity. Just today, 4 February 2000, I also received mail regarding Lovice Teresa Kline, b. March 28, 1843 in Carroll Co.,IL. The daughter of Henry Cline m. 12 December 1842 in Carroll Co.,IL to Anna Katarine Weitzel, born 20 May 1801 in Alsfeld, Hesse,Germany. Note the spelling variations.
Wilma Kahler Smith

Catherine Kline

moshergenweb (View posts)
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Kline
In the 1850 Carroll County Census in Harlem Twp. (later split between York and Fairhaven) is:

Henry Kline 33 M Farmer Germany
Catharine 49 Germany
Labice (?) 8 F ILL
Lucinda 6 F ILL
John Winter 18 M Germany
Fredrick Rupler 24 M Germany

I tried to see if I could read Sabice as Theresa, but it just doesn't work! The more I look at it, I think it starts with L, could be Lorice or Lavice, anyway begins with L then two letters then ice.

Bob

FRANK, FRANCK, KLEIN, PLOCH, or WEITZEL

Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FRANK, KLEIN, PLOCH, WEITZEL
How exciting to find someone that is related to Klein's. Heinrich Klein was my great great great grandfather. He came to Oregon in the 1850s. I have translations of letters written in German to Catherine Klein. I show that Theresa Klein was a sister to Lucinda Porter Klein, my great great grandmother. Henry Ploch, Henry Klein and Moses hart and his family George and John Winters headed to Oregon with others in April 1852 I can provide more if anyone interested. Anyone know about the Franks? George Michael Frank married Lucinda Porter Klein.

FRANK Family

Posted: 19 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Frank, FRANCK, KLEIN, PLOCH, WEITZEL
Thanks for you response. George Michael FRANK came over from Germany in 1855 to Carroll County, Illinois when he was twelve apparently the same year that his father died. His father was John Peter FRANCK b. 1810 in Germany. Don't know where. His wife was named Catherine but do not know surname. George Michael FRANK married Lucinda Porter KLEIN. They had four children: Reuben Seaman, George Marvin; John; and Leonora.

FRANK Family

JSchreiner3472 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2003 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: FRANK, SCHREINER, DIEHL, MERBOTH
Hi Dale, I have FRANK Ancestors, who lived in Coleta, and in Carroll Co. They came to IL. in 1891, from Michelbach am Wald, Weurttemburg, Germany. I found church records for this FRANK famly on the Family History Center Microfilm Roll #1340225. I think I saw a Georg Michael in this roll or another with the "familien buch" . The records resided also in the Ohringen church when they were microfilmed by the LDS. Ohringen is a larger town just a little way to the west of Michaelbach am Wald. As I recall from German naming convention they often used 'Michael' as part of a son's full name. One of my ancestors was; Phillip Michael Jacob FRANK.
Maybe your Georg Michael is a brother. Who knows?
Good luck, Jim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions