Search for content in message boards

Scott family in Garvock, Kincardine

Scott family in Garvock, Kincardine

Spencer Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2006 5:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott, Middleton, Milne
Hello, I am looking for any and all information on the Scotts of Garvock. Particularly concerning the family and heritage of John Scott b.~1781 and Margaret Milne b.~1791, married in Garvock, Kincardine on 16 Feb 1816. The two had at least eight children (according to the 1841 census), one of which, David Scott b. 2 Feb 1820 (married in 1839 to Jane Middleton b. 27 May 1821), is my grandpa's great grandpa.

Thank You,
Spencer Johnson

Re: Scott family in Garvock, Kincardine

malsah1 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2007 10:53AM GMT
Surnames: Scott webster colbourne
Dear Spencer, I am related to John Scott. He is my GGGG grandfather through his daughter Margaret who was married in 1838 To James Colbourne. If you look at the 1841 census you will see their son John Colbourne with his grandparents (John Scott and Margaret Milne at Sootywells) James and Margaret are buried in Fetteresso. Margarets daughter, Margaret Colbourne married John Webster 10 March 1862 and sailed shortly after to the canterbury Settlement in New Zealand. They were among the first settlers in the township of Leeston near Christchurch. They are buried in the Ellesmere Public cemetery near leeston. Margarets daughter married William Walker and they had a daughter Florence who had a child by a william Walton They did not marry. That child was my father. I live in christchurch new zealand and have three children. Malcom Walker

cilvrnum (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2007 11:27AM GMT
For your information I have a Margaret SCOTT born Marykirk who married James DUNN in Fordoun on 5.4.1845. James was born in 1817 according to the 1881 census.

I also have a Mary MIDDLETON who married Thomas DUNN on 25.6.1863, though I dont have much about her.

It often helps to know the families they married with I find.

bellanovak2 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2010 3:29AM GMT
For Spencer Johnson; I live in Canada & was recently in Laurencekirk to see the homes & gravesites of John Scott & Margaret Milne - they are my ggg-grandparents. I have pictures of all that I saw & could forward them.

bellanovak2 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2010 4:13AM GMT
Spencer, I am particularly interested in John Scott & Margaret Scott's grandaughter, Helen Milne Scott (my great-grandmother). She died in 1887 when my grandpa was only 3 & we do not know much about his father, William Murray Duncan, also originally from Garvock; only that he died in S. Africa in 1915. Any info on Helen Milne Scott or William M. Duncan would help- her parents were Alexander Scott 1822-99 & Helen (Duncan) 1830-1925) and his, David Duncan 1821-1904 & Catherine Murray 1822 -90.Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions